Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

The Spookmaster posted:

Who thinks singing episodes are good?? gently caress you sanctuary

I've always suspected drama majors think singing is the peak of hilarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

The math checks out

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

So many of these shows are the tv equivalent of clicker games. The season or a block of episodes will build to some cataclysmic event, but it will turn out that there is simply an infinite chain of exponentially worse events or bigger bosses in the conspiracy. Forever, until the show is cancelled.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

double nine posted:

so the Lost formula?

Chuck and Burn Notice are some of the worst I've seen.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

So I just finished watching The Expanse, and it was without a doubt one of the best shows I've ever seen and the best sci fi one, and that includes Firefly and TNG.

I don't know what to watch next though! Looking for suggestions. I really liked the Miller character and the whole noir-in-space angle. Is there anything else like that? Maybe even a Blade Runner-esque hard boiled detective in a cyberpunk world kind of show?

Altered Carbon?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The show gets duuumb at times and it's a very poor adaptation of the novel.

I think it still fits what was asked for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

This is tangential but speaking of The Asylum, I just found out that one of their first ever movies in the early 2000s was directed by Stuart Gordon. I'm kind of surprised he didn't do more with them, it seems like a natural fit.

Except Stuart Gordon has made some entertaining movies in the past.