Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Being Human didn't need remaking! George will never be the same without Russel Tovey's adorable girlish screaming.

I quite liked Haven, it wasn't the best show ever but it makes a nice trio with Eureka and Warehouse 13. If you liked those shows, chances are you will like Haven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Teek posted:

I wonder who decides which shows to remake, rather than just bring over? I guess they'll do it with shows which are easy to transition over which they think would be a bigger hit than the limited run British one(?) They're showing Merlin and Primeval but remaking Being Human. Merlin I can see why they'd stick with the British version, Primeval seems like an easy series to remake though.

They might be able to remake Merlin into a good show, though. Being Human was already good, though I guess they'll want to draw it out for a huge number of episodes.

To quote someone from elsewhere Merlin is half Arthurian mythos and half "OH NO THE FART MONSTER IS IN TOWN"

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I couldn't deal with the third series of Merlin. Someone on the forums put it best as "one week it's Arthurian Legend, the next week The Fart Monster comes to town."

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

They're probably considering using green-screen more and more. Supposedly that's how the next BSG series is going to do all of the shipboard scenes on Galactica.

Ugh, the paper's going to have to be round.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Teek posted:

Syfy has picked up the first two seasons of Lost Girl, a Canadian show about a succubus. Has anyone seen it before? Any good?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/18/syfy-lost-girl/

I liked it, but mostly for the sidekick character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Teek posted:

I think the Haven thread fell into the archives, but here's some light spoilery information on season 3:

http://seaandbescene.com/2012/04/bree-williamson-to-shrink-haven-troubles/

Even if no one else likes Haven, I kinda do, so thanks.