Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony

Soiled Meat

the-jam posted:

When I saw the name I thought maybe it was about trying bizarre cutting edge tech to prepare food or using high end chemistry in the kitchen but no it's pretty much just a Dinner Impossible clone.

My first guess was that Marcel's Quantum Kitchen would be a SyFy original movie about a silent, murderous, time-altering chef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony

Soiled Meat

In the brief preview clip, the new vampire reminds me of Franklin from True Blood, so my hope for the show just shot up a good 6 points. Not that I expect him to behave anything like Franklin if the BBC series is any indication, but at least the guy looks the part.

Nobody will top George as the wolf, though. I just have to accept that.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony

Soiled Meat

I don't know if any of you watch Haven but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have its own thread so I figured I would mention it here:

Jason Priestly is joining the cast (and crew.)

That's not actually bad news is. When I saw him in Tru Calling and Medium, he looked so haggard that it took me quite a while to even realize it was TV's Jason Priestly that I was looking at. Given those roles, I think he'd be a good fit for Haven.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony

Soiled Meat

GreenNight posted:

I may catch a few shows but SyFy died for me the day they canceled MST3K.

I'm still more steamed at Comedy Central about that than SciFi. For me, SciFi is the channel responsible for giving MST3K a few extra years. Comedy Central will forever be the bastards that took away my Turkey Day marathon.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony

Soiled Meat

Teek posted:

Forgot to ask, did anyone catch the Sanctuary finale last Friday?...

I'm just a bit disappointed that the twist wasn't that Helen managed to secretly save Ashley, after having been transported to the past. It seemed like a prime opportunity to bring her back, after Kate was bumped back to a guest star now.

I recently started watching this show, and I've made it a few episodes into Season Two. I don't think I've ever been as irritated by a cast change as I am with Ash/Kate. Why? Because Ashley was already a mediocre actress. Replacing her isn't the problem. The problem is that Kate Freeloader is an even worse actress and she pulls the show down with her. Sanctuary is already skirting the line with their low budget blue screens - it isn't a strong enough show to help cover up such a glaringly bad addition to the cast.

That said, I enjoy the Ripper and that actor is rad no matter where I see him (Alistair, The Swede.) Tesla is pretty rad, and Magnus' accent actually doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact, it made it easier to think of Amanda Tapping as not being Sam Carter.

Also, I am pretty sure The Sanctuary is located on the same exact patch of Earth Planet Express is built on.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony

Soiled Meat

Oh, I forgot to mention that the guy who plays Henry is awesome, as well. I've seen him show up many places, but he'll always be Sands from Blade: the Series in my mind.

And in the episode I'm watching currently, I'm pretty sure Amy Vandenberg just became somebody's snack.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony

Soiled Meat

I'm still making way through Sanctuary, but I have to admit that I kind of like it now. Sure, the blue-screening is awful and I'm convinced they film more shots against it than do on actual location, and what few location shots they do use I recognize from all of the other Canadian productions, but the show has definitely grown on me.

Kate Freeloader has been AWOL for half-a-season, hooray! Amanda Tapping has managed to shed her whole Sam Carter image. Tesla is the bomb-diggity... and then there's Christopher Heyerdahl.

I think Heyerdahl is perhaps SyFy channel's biggest asset. That guy impresses me in everything, and when I was lamenting the lack of his character John "Jack the Ripper" Druitt to my roommate, she pointed out that he's still in every episode - as the loving sasquatch! I had no idea. That guy rocks.

Also, he was my favorite Alistair on Supernatural. "There's something in my throat. I think it's my throat."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony

Soiled Meat

Teek posted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011...896749320111107

You hear about show pitches being stolen a lot, apparently this one has been a big deal in Hollywood.

Edit: Also Grant is leaving the show...

Is he Mario or Luigi?

Also, the idea of "a film crew follows around paranormal "scientists" who use electronics doodads and e-meters to look for spooks" has to have been pitched multiple times over the decades. I swear I used to see shows about that sort of thing in the early eighties, only it was presented more like a documentary than a reality show.

Hell, wasn't half of Leonard Nimoy's In Search Of... that exact thing?