Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Has there been any word on when the second season of Being Human is supposed to start up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teek posted:

I haven't seen anything on it yet.

In other news, a series of the Adjustment Bureau is being worked on:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/syfy-developing-tv-series-version-of-movie-the-adjustment-bureau/

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know how well it would fit the small screen.

I'm not exactly sure how they could turn the concept into a running series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season 2 thread for Being Human, also season 1 is finally up on Netflix Instant.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teek posted:

I have to give credit to Syfy for airing Lost Girl unedited apparently, I think that's the first time I've heard various uses of "poo poo" on the channel.

They do put some pretty heavy disclaimers in front of it. Also it seems like basic cable channels have decided to test the water a little on swearing since USA also aired a show last summer (Suits) where they also were allowed to say "poo poo."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Turns out that crappy horror movie from a couple of years ago, Legion, is getting a Syfy series. Which kind of makes sense as the movie itself felt more like the pilot for a crappy TV series anyway what with a completely open ending that didn't really resolve anything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teek posted:

Rewind – Rewind revolves around a team of military field operatives and civilian scientists who must use untested technology to travel back in time to alter events and change the future -- and avoid a devastating terrorist attack. Shane McRae stars as Sean Knox, ex-Special Forces who ranks as a field operative in a special division of the Department of Homeland Security. The pilot also stars Jennifer Ferrin, Academy Award nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes, Robbie Jones and Keon Mohajeri, and is currently in production in Toronto. Jack Bender is directing the pilot, written by Justin Marks.

This sounds quite a bit like the early 2000's show Seven Days.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The important thing to note about that list is those are just shows "in development" and most are probably never going to happen, especially "Darkfall" which is just way too close to Revolution even though it incorporates magic.

Also, Eyes of the Dragon was an extremely light and shallow book and I just don't see them creating a full series out of it. Another thing is that "Rewind" show is a very clear rip off of "Seven Days" which had exactly the same premise of super secret government project that would send a guy back in time to stop events after they already happened.

The one I can see happening is Booster Gold and that's mostly because of Arrow's success on the CW.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Syfy's latest idea? Yo, lets totally make a Waterworld TV show!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you have a PS3 and Playstation Plus the beta for the videogame tie in of Defiance is up on the store.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That No Place sounds a lot like an episode of The Outer Limits. It turned out that aliens had kidnapped the town to check if humans would be good slaves. One of the people finds a way out and discovers that another alien group that was kidnapped has a disease and the townspeople deliberately infect themselves to make it seem like humans are incompatible.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cross-post from the Couch thread:

muscles like this? posted:

Looks like Syfy's TV version of 12 Monkeys might actually be happening. They've cast Aaron Stanford (Nikita and the X-Men movies) as James Cole, the Bruce Willis part and the lovely Amanda Schull (Suits) as Cassandra Railly, the Madeline Stowe character.

I'm kind of surprised they're still working on it seeing as it has a fairly similar premise to Continuum, in that its about time travelers trying to alter the future.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just got around to watching last week's Being Human and man, that show throws completely dark. Nobody can ever really be happy on that show, Aiden's wife comes back and we find out (but Aiden doesn't) that she killed their son right after she was turned into a vampire.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Syfy is looking to turn the comic book DMZ into a series. Taking place an indeterminate time in the future after a second Civil War has turned America against itself. The book follows Matty Roth, an independent journalist in the titular DMZ of Manhattan. It'll be interesting to see if the show stays as political as the comic was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Being Human continues to be one of my favorite shows. I really laughed at Aiden reminiscing about the 80s when "every vampire knew karate. The stakes would go away and then it was all front kicks and sweep the leg."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, that sucks. Its not the best show ever but I liked it and the cast has a great chemistry.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, they've started advertising it as the Final Season/on the path to the series finale.

Looks like the upcoming plot is Sally's time travel shenanigans keep Danny from killing her, thus causing pretty much the entire show to not happen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sally deciding to just live in her past self is kind of creepy. Also being a big fool and changing all the past.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I missed it, is she possessing her past body?

Yeah, that's how she kept Danny from killing her. She possessed her body and just beat the poo poo out of him.

Edit: Crap, I just realized something bad about this timeline, Bishop is still alive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not sure what the show runners have said but it really feels like they got the news about the series ending halfway through the season. Mostly because if they continue with the story started last night they've completely blown up everyone else's storylines. So no conclusion to the Josh stuff, nothing for Aiden and the Lil Smokie thing is dropped too even though it seemed like it was building towards something what with her killing Robbie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

haveblue posted:

How many episodes of Being Human are left?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tonight is the series finale for Being Human.

Also the season premier of Continuum was pretty weird in how they basically threw away last season's finale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess it makes sense to kind of dial back on the Sally for the finale since this has been a rather Sally heavy season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aiden getting a door and reuniting with Sally in the afterlife was pretty good. Also, yeah, corny as hell that Josh and Nora named their kids Aiden and Sally.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teek posted:

Big props for a full on resolution to the show. Wonder why they didn't promote it as the final season early on, since it looks like it was shot that way from the beginning.

Much better ending than the British version got at least.

They might have pulled a Fringe where they had two versions of the episode, one for season finale and one for series, we just got the series ending. Up until that final Josh and Nora scene they could have pulled a swerve to continue the series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that that Metal Hurlant Chronicles show is half hour.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Metal Hurlant is not good, not good at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Syfy channel announcer says it Hurl-ant while the show itself uses the French pronunciation.

The second big problem with the show (after the incredible cheapness) is that a half hour doesn't really give you a lot of time to develop a world and characters for a science fiction anthology series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They changed its timeslot to 10/9 instead of 8/7.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Continuum and its kind of funny how they switched Alec's make up because at first they made Altern-Alec all haggard but now that Piron Alec is becoming evil they're putting bags under his eyes and hollowing his cheeks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Defiance MMO is going free to play before the second season starts on PC on June 4th and partway through on July 15th on PS3, Trion is working with Microsoft for the 360 version. Basically it means that now you won't even have to purchase the game at all to play it.

quote:

Free players will be able to have two character slots, two loadouts, which hold up to 35 inventory slots and 50 ark keys. However, current owners will have four character slots, five loadouts, and 70 inventory slots. Additionally, any current players will retain all their existing characters once the free-to-play transition hits--even if they go above the free-to-play limit. Current owners of the game will also get 1000 Arkforge, which can be used to refine and upgrade weapons. In addition, owners of the boxed or digital version of the game will also get a 30-day Paradise Patron pass--the game's optional subscription service.

Paradise Patrons get a 10% discount on all items in the in-game store, as well as a 20% boost to skill, XP, and reputation gain. In addition, patrons will get login bonuses, including a "daily grab bag" of two-hour boosts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

savinhill posted:

Are those deals they're giving people who bought the game any good?

The game doesn't really have "classes" per se so I'm not sure what you would do with multiple characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If its anything like the movie there won't actually be any demons and it'll just be Angels/Angels that side with humans.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Syfy just did a commercial about upcoming shows and played some vague clips from 12 Monkeys.

Also, Dominion sure had a lot of butts during that shower scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know, its just that was pretty much the first thing they've actually shown of it.

In absolutely insane news, next week Syfy is going to air loving Spartacus: Blood and Sand. I have no clue how that's going to work.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Syfy has officially ordered a pilot for The Magicians. As far as I can tell there isn't any cast list or anything else yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

haveblue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNHIz1-8aM

I guess it could be OK? There isn't nearly enough junk on the sets and it's not clear if they're keeping the time travel rules.

There was an article the other day that said they aren't and time is mutable.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Syfy has announced a couple new cast members for 12 Monkeys, Tom Noonan will be playing the main antagonist of series and head of the titular "Army of the 12 Monkeys" and Emily Hampshire will play Jennifer Goines. A gender flipped version of Brad Pitt's Jeffrey Goines.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's something kind of weird. Previously in promotional materials/trailers the spaceship in Ascension looked like this:

However I was watching tonight's episode of Defiance and they've changed the ship design to look like this:

Seems like kind of a major change to make only a couple months out from the premier.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

wormil posted:

Z Nation is the right amount of bad. The constant references to other fiction tickles me more than it should.

Well, most of the time zombie stories exist in worlds where there's no zombie fiction because otherwise you just end up with a bunch of people who already know what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm reading the second Magicians book and I'm wondering how the upcoming show is going to deal with the Julia backstory situation. It's kind of important to not give it right away but if they just follow the books it means she'll be introduced early on and then not show up for a really big chunk of the show.