Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Haven was pretty boring up until the last couple episodes. The finale made me excited for the next season. Sanctuary is decent enough if you can get past the horrible green screening (it's on par with V).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Tighclops posted:

There are no programs worth watching on that awful, awful network.

Thanks for your in-depth insight.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The one where the shark jumped up and took out an airplane was pretty rad.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IRQ posted:

Someone post the gif of that scene, it's pretty much all you need to see. And yeah it's pretty loving rad.

I've been trying to find it for the past hour and no luck.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Aha!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Legend of the Seeker and Merlin would have made a pretty sweet Friday Fantasy block.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

LAWLandMine posted:

Do you think there is enough interest for Being Human to have its own thread? I was surprised that I didn't see one.

There should be one if only for the nerds to complain how horrible this one is compared to the original (probably correct though).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sanctuary got renewed for a 4th season

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I may catch a few shows but SyFy died for me the day they canceled MST3K.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Don't feel too terrible for that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Teek posted:

For people who have missed Joe Flanigan of Stargate Atlantis fame, he'll be in a new Syfy picture Saturday evening which got a positive review:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews...lanet-syfy-2011

And with John Rhys-Davies!

Joe Flanigan

quote:

Synnís a burned-out soldier with a checkered past and all he wants to do is get through this babysitting gig so he can get busy with retirement and spend the rest of his days on his boat.

Sounds like he is really stretching his acting. Good for him I suppose.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sanctuary is back on tonight. I'm really looking forward to it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

So Monday is soon here which premiers Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Alphas.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Is it even worth making a Haven thread?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Astroman posted:

I'd totally dig a thread on it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3425383

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

January.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah that was really weird. I wonder if Syfy went all up their asses for having one of the main characters a murderer.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The Spookmaster posted:

I'm usually not a fan of Syfy shows but I've been tearing through Sanctuary since it seems like I've watched every other good sci fi show ever on TV. It's low budget as hell in some places but others it's really surprising what they've done. If you haven't watched it I would really recommend it. The second and third season especially have been really good.

Finally, someone else!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Teek posted:

Was Kate written out of the show in the last week's episode? Sure seemed like it. It at least made her re-occuring like Tesla.

Not sure, I really wouldn't mind if she was. There really doesn't always need to be a sassy female team member.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Better than more loving wrestling or ghost hunters.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

This was a few weeks ago but I really didn't see that lesbian kiss coming in Sanctuary.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

So a new SyFy show "Three Inches" starts on Thursday, which doesn't bode well for it's prospects.

quote:

This show follows a nobody who gains the ability to move any object with his mind but only for 3 inches at a time. He decides to bring together a group of heroes with abilities similar to his.

Starring James Marsters.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Here is also something awesome:

Tracey Gold to Star in Syfy Movie 'Arachnoquake', which also stars Edward Furlong, Ethan Phillips and Bug Hall. The story of a massive earthquake that unleashes giant albino spiders.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Teek posted:

That must be DOA, I haven't seen anything on that starting.

http://www.syfy.com/schedule/?date=2011-12-29

Unless it's some stealth premiere of the pilot, I have no idea why they would start that without any publicity.

Yeah there is really nothing on the SyFy site for it at all. They've been showing the gently caress out of previews for Lost Girl and nothing about this. It's too bad, I was definitely curious.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

She gets better when she chills on being "sassy".

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sanctuary hasn't even been renewed yet. My personal feelings is that it got canceled.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Did anyone get a chance to check out the new Canadian scifi show Continuum?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sold. I'll check it out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Sold. I'll check it out.

This article makes it sound pretty appealing:

http://io9.com/5914441/continuum-is...nnor-chronicles

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

My fear is that they cancel Alphas and Haven for these.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I hate Mondays. All my favorite shows are on Mondays. DVR set to like the 1am showing of Defiance.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Nevermind.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah I don't trust any of these shows to stick around. I'll wait and see and start watching after season 3 starts. Miniseries, of course, I'll definitely check out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Well, to be honest, Continuum isn't a Syfy show - they're just licensing it to be shown on their network.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

A tornado made of sharks... i'm intrigued, yet suspicious.

tell me this is a TV movie

Yes and it seems like everyone was live tweeting it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Usually when Syfy shows end, others begin. Well Warehouse 13 and Defiance just ended and now there is nothing? Pfft.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Haven returns Friday, Sept 13th. I'm surprised this show got renewed with Syfy canceling all my favorite shows lately. The new season looks all sort of hosed up after that crazy rear end finale.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

If wormil hates it, then I must check it out. I usually enjoy the stuff he hates.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Being Human is still a fun show but like Haven, I'll be surprised if it gets renewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I'm wondering where they are going with that. "Oh hey, I'm back after hundreds of years!"

«4 »