Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aardvark!
Mar 3, 2002

People on Reddit are reporting the Kindle book cover feature has arrived in most of Europe and the U.S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I just got that update + feature on my PW3

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I just paid the money to remove offers now that this is finally a feature.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

“Update your kindle” has been greyed out since I bought it. What’s the deal?

Edit: it’s updating on its own now, like five seconds after I posted

Edit2: ok I’m updated, where is this setting for people who have it?

Rolo fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 15, 2021

Buff Hardback
Jun 11, 2019

Rolo posted:

“Update your kindle” has been greyed out since I bought it. What’s the deal?

Edit: it’s updating on its own now, like five seconds after I posted

Edit2: ok I’m updated, where is this setting for people who have it?

If you're lucky, it'll be under device options

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Buff Hardback posted:

If you're lucky, it'll be under device options

If you don't see it and you're on the latest firmware, perform a reboot from the system menu.

Worked for me, I'm in Canada.

Aardvark!
Mar 3, 2002

Seems to be updating pretty much randomly over the last couple days. I'm still without it no matter how many restarts

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Hey I'm in the market for an e-reader, i've mostly had kindles but now that I'm in Canada i'm more looking at the Kobo line, either the Clara HD or the Libra. My upper budget is 200 before VAT/tax, and I'm probably putting koreader on it so I guess even a kindle would be fine lol?

My question is less "what do i get" and more "should I wait a bit to see what they got this year? is there a new e-reader expected soon?"

Edit:
vvvv oh hell yeah, good looking out

riderchop fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 16, 2021

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Kobo tends to reveal new products around Mother's Day, so you might actually do well to wait.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

drat, the official cover for the Boox Poke3 literally works by gluing the reader into the case.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Snuffman posted:

If you don't see it and you're on the latest firmware, perform a reboot from the system menu.

Worked for me, I'm in Canada.

Does it work on the PW3 or just the newest of the new?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?

Grimey Drawer

Neat. Chatted with support in the app on my phone and they removed the ads from the oasis and my kindle fire tablet.

Gotta plug the oasis into the pc later to transfer some books, and get those delicious, sweet, sweet covers.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

My Oasis downloaded the latest firmware, but still no sign of the cover option.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

On my Voyage, I had to reboot to get it to show up. The update option was grayed out.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?

Grimey Drawer

I rebooted my oasis, and then got the ads removed, and it popped up under settings a few moments later when I got the chance to fiddle with it. I've only done OTA updates apparently.

Aardvark!
Mar 3, 2002

they refuse to give me it but of course they instantly updated my firetv to the new ungodly awful UI

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Junkenstein posted:

My Oasis downloaded the latest firmware, but still no sign of the cover option.

Ditto. Curious as to why it wouldn't show up for some of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

Restarted my Oasis and it gave me the option on the home screen when I booted up.