Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
It took me three years of ...training? education? Sorry i'm not sure theres an english word for it. Well it took me three years to officially become a Bookseller in germany. Now i know enough about the german bookmarket to open my own bookstore or work in any bookstore.
Of course no store is hiring so i ended up doing something completely different. It really sucks if you spend three years learning every detail about selling books and love working in a bookstore and then you can't find a job because of those drat ebooks killing all the bookstores!

Nah i was kidding about that last part. I love my Kindle and its really funny how people try to apologize for using one when they hear that i can't find a job as a bookseller.

Still makes me sad that i'll probably never work in a bookstore again. I loved doing that :(

Its interesting that even in germany, where the prices for books are fixed so even Amazon can't sell books for cheap, the whole publishing industry is in a whole heap of trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU