Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Kindle oasis leaked and seems legit

not sure how I feel about the uneven back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
the voyage is 7.6 mm thick and if I'm reading the oasis ad right its 3.4 mm thick on one half and 8.5mm on the other. Im not sure what the other dimensions are but it seems a little wider

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I expect the battery cover to be separate and maybe cost more than the origami cover maybe it will be $69?
I would think that this will be $200 and that the voyage will drop down to $150 and the paperwhite will stay the same

edit: oh, if its included then thats completely different

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
So no adaptive light? Weird

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The flush screen is the real upgrade imo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll upgrade my kindle only if they release a new big screen version. Loved that Deluxe

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Guess it’s time to go into the metadata and put in better looking covers

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If it has a blue light filter that’s good enough for me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
So is wireless charging and more storage the only features of the signature model? Hardly seems worth it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The kindle would be good for manga if double page spreads didn’t exist. But because they do I’m forced to buy a big iPad, oh woe

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

I’d buy one without a digitizer for $300

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Do you have wireless on? That causes the most battery weirdness in my experience

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That option is there for people that read comics on the kindle but it being off saves you battery so leave it like that unless you're bothered by the refresh rate

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If it was easier to add comics to it I’d be down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Have you checked Etsy?