Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Okay then you must have been sitting in a preproduction model or you're just misremembering. It's a great car on a great chassis that handles well and someday, someday, will come with this:

I need to find a part time job or start a meth lab or something in preparation for that day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

You need a meth lab for a 20K car?

I wouldn't if I didn't have to pay 400/month in student loans!

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

nerdrum posted:

I've been involved with the launch and sales of these things since the beginning of the year, so by all means:

Ask a FIat of North America Salesperson questions!

When will I be able to test drive a freaking Abarth?!?

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

Throatwarbler posted:

So it looks like the USDM Abarth will actually be somewhat uprated compared to the EU version.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/11/2012-fiat-500-abarth-quick-spin-review/

This article is confusing the living poo poo out of me. From the headline "Not Exactly Like America's Abarth – Ours Will Be Better" one would be led to believe they are talking about the EU spec Abarth, but then they keep jumping back and forth between "our Abarth" and EU/NAFTA spec. Don't these fuckers have editors?

That said, :swoon:

heat fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 11, 2011

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

InitialDave posted:

Maybe, maybe not. While some cars are transformed by upgrades to sportier versions, what you really want is something that's a complete hoot even with the housewife-spec powertrain.

What I still want them to do is put the Panda 4x4 transmission and 500 Abarth engine into the Panda 100HP chassis, it'd be like having a half-scale Evo or WRX.

Well the Abarth is going to have nearly twice the horsepower, and will be significantly cheaper than a Mini Cooper S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

KozmoNaut posted:

Jay Leno has a video up where he drives the 500 and talks about the MultiAir engine:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/2012-fiat-500-prima-edizione/1346961/

They gave him Prima Edizione 2/500 :wth:

• Locked thread