Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Has anyone done any of the 48 Hour Film challenges? A friend and I just signed up and have been recruiting people pretty successfully but I'd appreciate some advice.

Our current outlook is that a smaller core group (director/writer, story/video editor, cinematographer, make & female leads) is best and we have a range of people on deck (sfx/make up/costuming/ different musicians/extras) in case we need them with their schedules cleared and ready.

Unfortunately our cinematographer just dropped out (got a great opportunity, can't blame them) and we're having trouble finding someone else. Me and another friend can take over but I don't want us to burn out from wearing too many hats. On the other hand maybe us doing multiple things is better for keeping the project coherent and consistent?

Our main goal is to just have fun and network, so I'm not really concerned with winning. (There's barely a prize anyway) and while winning isn't the main goal, I still want the finished product to be entertaining and good.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Do you plan to have sound? Someone with a boom and a set of headphones will make a huge difference and bad sound really sticks out.

Yes! Our sound guy is awesome and I have worked with him previously.