Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Has anyone here had experience transferring vhs footage to digital? I have this thing and tried it on 3 different VCR's, my laptop and PC. The instructions are printed on the smallest piece of paper going so I am struggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Just got my VHS footage captured with the Elgato device, fantastic. I wish I could get it to record even when the video quality is fuzzy but this works at least! Thanks for the recommendation, ye saved my arse on my latest project.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

I've been lumped with my masters short film project as my editor has been busy the last week and christ I don't know how anyone who has written/directed something could also edit it. Our supervisor is mentioning over and over to trim scenes, tighten up, lose sequences for the "greater good" and I am having flashbacks to justifying why each beat is in the script or on the shotlist. My mind isn't computing - very happy to trust my editor to make some big suggestions and show me how it looks but to cut things out myself? AAH.

Also our sound designer is insisting they work after a picture lock and contribute nothing until then as it's "industry standard", but that feels like they're going to be cramming the last week until deadline. We have some animated scenes I'm terrified of even looking at so it feels so incomplete. How the hell do editors work with a jigsaw that has half the pieces missing?!

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

If I had the choice to extend the deadline I certainly would, feels like even the animations not being there yet is going to demand a crunch on the sound design. It sucks though because I would obviously love to have a little back forth on the sound design and make some suggestions but right now it's just like giving some directions and crossing your fingers they hit the destination.

My last project was in post for over a year, feels like my next project needs to hit somewhere in the middle!