Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Anyone have any idea on how to prevent two objects from intersecting via an expression/script in After Effects? So basically, if I move one object around, it will push the other object out of the way in the direction it's moving once they touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I was hoping for a free alternative :/

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Nah it's 2d. One object would have automated movement and I'd like to make it so I don't have to automate the 2nd object to get out of its way when they collide/touch.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I don't see any difference between the transitions in both videos, as far as the simple opacity fades are concerned. The other video seems to combine 2 types of motion at once a lot though which you may want to try, like quickly sliding the image up by 20% of the screen as it fades out, or adding in a quick white flash in between images as they fade in and out.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Well I can't render god drat ANYTHING out of any of the recent versions of premiere. Upon doing a search it looks like I'm not the only one either

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I've just encountered a weird issue I don't think I've ever seen before:

I have a 59.94 fps clip inside a 59.94 timeline (in Premiere) but when I go frame by frame, the clip only appears to update every 2 frames - as if it were 29.976 fps. Anyone have any idea what would cause this? I put the clip in After effects as well and the same thing happens.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I shot it myself on a Sony a7sIII. The weird thing is I shot clips that don't have this issue like 5 minutes before the 3 problem clips, and I didn't change any internal settings.

I updated my Premiere and the same 3 clips still have the problem.

I had a friend check the footage in his Premiere and he says it's not happening for him. I'm gonna check it on his comp this saturday to see if it's a problem with my project file or something. But for now it's a real head scratcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

that was the first thing I tried heh, no dice