Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

I was personally acknowledged by a favorite musician of mine :eek:

Holy moly that is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I went in to have four dental implant foundations installed and when they rung me up they said my dental insurance covered $2500 of it. Which before, they didn't cover anything. I think the new law that passed in my state mandating dental insurance companies to actually cover more poo poo led to this, and I am glad for it, a cool $2500 less than expected is a welcome change.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I made a New Year’s resolutions that I wasn’t going to buy anymore books or video games until I had read and beaten the books and games I already own. Now in the middle of February, I have an extra 2200 dollars in my budget and can pay off several recurring debts that have been nagging at my finances.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

oldpainless posted:

I made a New Year’s resolutions that I wasn’t going to buy anymore books or video games until I had read and beaten the books and games I already own. Now in the middle of February, I have an extra 2200 dollars in my budget and can pay off several recurring debts that have been nagging at my finances.

More like old...debentureless.

gently caress, I'm terrible at this. Anyway, hooray and enjoy that sense of relief!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Increased one of my old cat's medications and he's turned a corner, hungry as a fuckin horse. Knew you weren't out of the fight yet, buddy.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
I've had a spastic cramp in my neck/shoulder for the better part of 4 months now.

The new anti-cramp meds they gave me recently is working wonders and my issue has gone from "loving just amputate that shoulder as a warning to the other one" to "oh yeah, I get a cramp fairly often, but only briefly".

I never thought I'd be so happy to be able to look to the right.

Riding a bike or walking my dog without whimpering in agony is a big plus too.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Tonight we finished a year-long, 60-session role-playing campaign. After we finished the plot we all talked about what our characters would be up to next within the world, and the other players all spoke highly of not only my character’s journey throughout the campaign, but the growth and trajectory in her after-story as well.

Made me feel good that they liked the concept, the execution, and the unwritten afterword.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's been a considerably awful few weeks, with my mom being in and out of the hospital multiple times and having to go back in shortly after being discharged every time. but one thing that wasn't terrible was going in for a endoscopy/colonoscopy(they do both while you're out for one of them, why not, right?). I have had awful acid reflux for a long time, most of my life, and also had a serious problem with food and pills catching in my throat and triggering a vomit reflex to dislodge it, either causing it to come loose and making it all the way down or forcing it back out. It's gotten worse over the last few years to the point where I would often have it happen at least once a day, from almost random things that normally wouldn't have a problem going down. It wasn't literal "choking", as it always happened past my windpipe so I could still breathe, but it would be stuck in there and I would have to somehow force it down or throw it back up because it triggered a panicked reflex.

well, while they were going in for the endoscopy to check things out, they scraped away a bunch of scar tissue in my esophagus and then inflated a tube-like balloon to stretch it all out. turns out scar tissue from acid reflux had constricted the overall circumference of my esophagus over the years to the point that it was like half the size it should normally be, and also had a rough texture that caused things to get caught easily. they removed the scar tissue and expanded it all back to normal width, and I think also cleared up the valve or whatever that seals off the stomach, because my acid reflux is almost nonexistent anymore. For two weeks it was quite painful to swallow at all as the esophagus healed up from the procedure, but now it doesn't hurt at all, and I have not "choked" once since then.

I'm just flabbergasted that it was this simple. I had just accepted it as a way of life for so many years, and had avoided going to have another done after being traumatized by one as a child where they had multiple doctors hold me down to prevent me from flailing as they did the procedure without sedation. If I had known this problem with my esophagus was this simple I would have had it done in a heartbeat 15 years ago. It's such a ridiculous relief being able to eat and not worry about things getting stuck, like, I keep swallowing food and almost bracing for it getting caught, and then it just normally slides down like it's no problem. it's just straight up been cured, and I'm so ridiculously happy, about that part of the last month, at least.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm glad for you, Invictus, I really and truly am. Being able to breathe and eat freely are things that you kinda take for granted until suddenly stuff happens that starts affecting them. I'm glad it could be fixed so easily and thoroughly.

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow
My apartment is right next to a creek, and it's running like crazy today because we have had a lot of storms. I'm stuck dorkishly working from my computer and this kid right outside my window has been entertaining me all day. He's wearing this sick Spider-man shirt, picking up rocks and handfuls of mud, and then Spider-running to the creek. Once he gets there he does a badass Spider-pose and chucks what he's got into the creek. He watches it flow by, then casually walks back up to get another load. Once he's armed, he is back in Spider-mode. Maybe the kids are alright.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I hung out with my 4 year old nephew today. I see him only about once a month and today I surprised him by picking him up from school. Hung out with him and his mom all afternoonand played mario kart on the new switch, made pancakes for dinner with his dad and after dinner we all played mario party together. Just an amazing day capped off by him wanting me to bring him to bed and read him a story.

Tomorrow I'm spending the day with my other 'nephew' (my best friend's kid) which I'm also looking forward to and sunday my sister, nephew and me are going to visit my cousin I haven't really seen for a couple of years who also has a 6 year old.

Just an awesome weekend. :3:

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.
Two naps.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Living the dream.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Finished a project I stared two years ago. I mean, I'll keep tinkering with it for a week or two, but drat, happy with how it turned out.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

feedmyleg posted:

Finished a project I stared two years ago. I mean, I'll keep tinkering with it for a week or two, but drat, happy with how it turned out.

I felt the same way after my own penile enlargement surgery, friend. Congrats.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

oldpainless posted:

I felt the same way after my own penile enlargement surgery, friend. Congrats.

More like "oldpeenless" amirite?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's the opposite. you hosed it up

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

that's the opposite. you hosed it up

It's actually on brand.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
took mom in for a cauterization ablation at 5 this morning in Boston. some of the best doctors in the world are there, so I knew she was in good hands, even if I literally had a nightmare where she died while being operated on right before I took her in that certainly loving shook me. They worked on her for somewhere between 5-6 hours, apparently there were a lot of spots they wanted to do and they also had to check prior work. it's wild to hear how they do it, they thread a little robot tube catheter thingy up through the artery in your inner thigh all the way up into your heart, and then burn malfunctioning heart tissue and nerves to prevent faulty signals to be able to complete(which causes Afib). She had the cryo version done a decade ago but it didn't work for very long. this version is much more involved and intense, but also has a higher chance of success because it's targeted whereas the cryo version is more of a blanket thing, they literally fill up a balloon in your heart and make it cold so it affects an entire area of the heart rather than specific locations.

I finally got a call that everything went well and I could go visit her while she woke up and stayed horizontal for 3 hours, then they did some basic standing, sitting, and movement tests, and kicked her right out because a ton of people were there and they cycle people out as fast as they can. we got home a little while ago, and she's once again feeling fine. luck willing, she won't have to deal with Afib for the rest of her life, and greatly improve her day to day living. and we won't need to go to the loving ER every other week like we have been. also she'll be able to get off a bunch of meds, which is always a bonus

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That's great news.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Captain Invictus posted:

took mom in for a cauterization ablation at 5 this morning in Boston. some of the best doctors in the world are there, so I knew she was in good hands, even if I literally had a nightmare where she died while being operated on right before I took her in that certainly loving shook me. They worked on her for somewhere between 5-6 hours, apparently there were a lot of spots they wanted to do and they also had to check prior work. it's wild to hear how they do it, they thread a little robot tube catheter thingy up through the artery in your inner thigh all the way up into your heart, and then burn malfunctioning heart tissue and nerves to prevent faulty signals to be able to complete(which causes Afib). She had the cryo version done a decade ago but it didn't work for very long. this version is much more involved and intense, but also has a higher chance of success because it's targeted whereas the cryo version is more of a blanket thing, they literally fill up a balloon in your heart and make it cold so it affects an entire area of the heart rather than specific locations.

I finally got a call that everything went well and I could go visit her while she woke up and stayed horizontal for 3 hours, then they did some basic standing, sitting, and movement tests, and kicked her right out because a ton of people were there and they cycle people out as fast as they can. we got home a little while ago, and she's once again feeling fine. luck willing, she won't have to deal with Afib for the rest of her life, and greatly improve her day to day living. and we won't need to go to the loving ER every other week like we have been. also she'll be able to get off a bunch of meds, which is always a bonus

That's awesome, I'm really glad for the both of you.

We recently found out my dad's afib is apparently really minor; I'm not 100% sure of the details myself, as the doctor told him and he told me, but it seems like it's nowhere near the concern we thought it would/could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you definitely want to keep an eye on it, though. mom's was never this bad 15 years ago, or even five years ago. hell, she didn't even have afib at all 25 years ago. it's only the last couple years where it's gotten wildly out of control and resulted in things like I've been posting about lately like the 171BPM tachycardia that it kicked her into like a month ago.

I highly recommend you get one of these for instant pulse and blood oxygen level numbers, as well as a pulse waveform visualization in real time. if you have one and it doesn't have a waveform visualizer I'd replace it with one that does.