Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

feedmyleg posted:

"Awesome" is a stretch but today's the first day in 2 months where I haven't felt debilitatingly depressed so I'll consider it a win :unsmith:

Yay! Glad you're feeling a little better :)

My dad just got his first dose of the vaccine today, so I'm a fraction less worried now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Solice Kirsk posted:

Where can I get this chili salt?

It was FreshJax Ghost Pepper Sea Salt and you can get it on their website or on Amazon. It's not actually ghost pepper hot though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Manager Hoyden posted:

It was FreshJax Ghost Pepper Sea Salt and you can get it on their website or on Amazon. It's not actually ghost pepper hot though.

I bought the gift set. Reeeeally interested in this campfire salt.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Inceltown posted:

After a week of pretty terrible weather my run this morning was pretty good.

Gorgeous! The small things really can feel like the most awesome ones at times.

Mine's a tiny bit personal but lord I am so fuckin happy. Victoria's Secret has been my exclusive go-to for bras my whole adult life. Patriarchal or not I know how their brand fits on me (important) and they're usually really pretty too (also important). My size has always been a huge PITA to get with them though and last year they seemed to stop producing them altogether outside of the most :effort: colors ever (solid black, solid white, solid beige). Really low key upsetting and frustrating.

Today I found a site that's like, more upscale e-bay I guess (https://poshmark.com) and a whole bunch of resellers have VS bras in my size!! In the pretty patterns!!! New in packaging!!!! I get my cake and I get to eat it too because VS doesn't get my money gently caress yeahhh :hellyeah: :hellyeah: :hellyeah:

I've been beaming about this for the last twenty minutes. Just so happy. Time to stock up.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Solice Kirsk posted:

I bought the gift set. Reeeeally interested in this campfire salt.

Let the class know how it is, I've had my eye on a lot of these but I'm working through one at a time

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Campfire flavored fajitas better be as good as I'm imagining or I'm gonna drive all the way out to wherever they make this salt and throw them at them. Throw the fajitas, I mean. Throwing the salt back at the salt factory would just be silly, obviously.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Exactly a year to the day after Ireland first went into covid lockdown, my father got his first dose of the vaccine.

Obviously awesome on a personal level, but also because I could not have imagined back then that any vaccine would even have existed by now, let alone that there be several of them already in full and widespread use. A real miracle of science and collaboration. :)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Today I found a site that's like, more upscale e-bay I guess (https://poshmark.com) and a whole bunch of resellers have VS bras in my size!! In the pretty patterns!!! New in packaging!!!! I get my cake and I get to eat it too because VS doesn't get my money gently caress yeahhh :hellyeah: :hellyeah: :hellyeah:
As someone who is in the very unhappy and frustrating throes of trying to find a new bra from scratch--entirely online--I am really happy for you! This is the ideal! I think people who don't wear bras don't realize what a loving chore it is to find exactly the right one. :hfive: Stock up!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Katamari Democracy posted:

But I will be learning more on Monday. I am going to give it a shot. I can still also work for Dell on the side making extra money which is what I need to be doing during these trying times. And im tired of being on unemployment sitting at home not talking to anyone. I really want to work.

Talked to him today and I am going for it. He threw a really good number at me starting out, and told me about the work culture. I enjoyed it, but I would have to do a bit of homework on my own. DOT Physical, another pair of Carhart boots, some cooler work clothes to wear for the incoming summer, and to complete the W2 in the next couple days.

It might not be an IT job, but it will still give me the flexibility to work here and continue working my side gigs. Plus it can get me some skills on the job for future employment. Like throwing up data cables on powerlines, etc. My future boss liked that about me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I got called an rear end in a top hat for the umpteenth time by one of my dickhead entitled clients and I don't know why but it was the final straw. Drafting my letter of resignation now and turning it in at the end of the day. Have to finish a couple things I was working on for one of my favorite clients, but this is the last time I'll be coming in to work here.

Feels loving awesome. Also I just got a notification that my various salts arrived so campfire fajitas is a go for tonight!

Can't wait to be unemployed.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Happy for you or sorry that happened, depending on how you're feeling about it today

But how's the salt

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The salt is very good! The Ghost Pepper one you found is the best of the five I got. Campfire just tastes like salt and liquid smoke. Not bad, but I was hoping there'd be something more going on.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My mom sent me some super nice tea for Easter. And she tried, with candy. Still can't have it, as it'd blow through my daily carbs with one serving, but my partner and my kid can have it, and I appreciate she tried to pick healthier options still.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
My first paper just broke 100 citations recently. I don't work in that field anymore, but at least that validates that what I did when I was involved was decent enough for over 100 people to think it was ok enough to reference.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I presented something I've been writing to a group of very smart people today for a 2.5 hour editing session. It went very well, and confirmed to my that a professional choice I made 15 years ago was the right one.

The writing will make its way to a influential group of people next week, then to several congress people and senators the week after that. There's a non-zero chance some words I wrote of it could make it into a well known federal climate bill next year.

bad sugarpop habit
Apr 15, 2021

I've been dealing with gender stuff for a loooong time now, mostly subconsciously, but lockdown and other personal stressors this past year pushed a lot of those feelings to the forefront and I had a lot of breakthroughs and realizations.

I talked to my wife about it a couple weeks ago and while I didn't expect her to be a dick about it or anything I was kind of unprepared for how amazing and supportive she's been - buying me outfits, talking about stuff, helping me navigate our insurance to find therapists, she's absolutely gone above and beyond in basically every possible way.

Last night I mentioned that our actual marriage felt better than ever and she just laughed and said "it's because you're not so miserable all the time anymore!" And, yeah, I guess I'm not! Life is okay, and I feel pretty good about it!

:3:

bad sugarpop habit has a new favorite as of 17:40 on Apr 15, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

bad sugarpop habit posted:

I've been dealing with gender stuff for a loooong time now, mostly subconsciously, but lockdown and other personal stressors this past year pushed a lot of those feelings to the forefront and I had a lot of breakthroughs and realizations.

I talked to my wife about it a couple weeks ago and while I didn't expect her to be a dick about it or anything I was kind of unprepared for how amazing and supportive she's been - buying me outfits, talking about stuff, helping me navigate our insurance to find therapists, she's absolutely gone above and beyond in basically every possible way.

Last night I mentioned that our actual marriage felt better than ever and she just laughed and said "it's because you're not so miserable all the time anymore!" And, yeah, I guess I'm not! Life is okay, and I feel pretty good about it!

Congrats! :)

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

That's supremely awesome! :dance:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

congrats!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Got around to getting my avatar back :toot:

bad sugarpop habit
Apr 15, 2021

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Got around to getting my avatar back :toot:

it was a memorable avatar and had been missed

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Finally got that booger out of my baby's nose

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I've made it a Christmas Tradition for the last few years to get Mrs. Doctor gifts that made our bedroom more cozy. What she's really missed over the years since we moved into our house was a ceiling fan at night. This was complicated a bit by the fact that this house's electrical was a complete mess thanks to the previous owner knowing just enough to be dangerous.

So I got her a ceiling fan for Christmas. And a new upgraded breaker panel not right above a utility sink. And a new subpanel for our detached garage since the old one was hilariously not up to code. And better positioned outlets for her COVID-home-office in the basement. And a working ceiling in our dining room. All of this work got done in the last two days and it felt good to tell the electricians "I'm not concerned about how much this is gonna be, let's get this done right."

Merry Christmas, hon.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Nth Doctor posted:

Merry Christmas, hon.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nth Doctor posted:

I've made it a Christmas Tradition for the last few years to get Mrs. Doctor gifts that made our bedroom more cozy. What she's really missed over the years since we moved into our house was a ceiling fan at night. This was complicated a bit by the fact that this house's electrical was a complete mess thanks to the previous owner knowing just enough to be dangerous.

So I got her a ceiling fan for Christmas. And a new upgraded breaker panel not right above a utility sink. And a new subpanel for our detached garage since the old one was hilariously not up to code. And better positioned outlets for her COVID-home-office in the basement. And a working ceiling in our dining room. All of this work got done in the last two days and it felt good to tell the electricians "I'm not concerned about how much this is gonna be, let's get this done right."

Merry Christmas, hon.

Do we have an emote that's the opposite of :negative: ? I suddenly feel the lack of :positive: acutely

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My dad never taught me to fix my own bike, for reasons.

I bought a pump from the store, looked up how to fix bike tires online, and zoomed down the big hill in my new city
i should have done this so much sooner

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

This is so wonderful!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

The weather was nice today and I decided to head to one of the local beaches I haven't been to in years since it's wide open and good for getting used to flying a fairly new drone. After about ten minutes, I had everything calibrated and a small group of people showed up and started putting out blankets around one of the lifeguard towers. I said hi to them and asked if they were setting up for a something special; they were setting up because their friend's boyfriend was going to propose to her. I offered to move off the beach or head down to the next section and stay out of their way. They told me not to worry about it, and I asked if they wanted some photos and videos from the air for fun. They loved the idea, and I laid back in a neighbor's lawn chair and waited for the moment. He dropped to his knee, I started recording and launched the drone, and I circled it around them while recording then climbed for a shot of all their friends who were hiding behind a nearby hill to run in and start celebrating with them. I never met any of them before, I'll probably never see them again, but I really loved being able to do something completely unexpected that made other people so happy.

When I walked up to the group after they had a couple of minutes to celebrate together so I could exchange contact information, the groom-to-be looked at me and said "I was not expecting the drone photographer." I responded "Neither was I, I just happened to be here."

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Killingyouguy! posted:

My dad never taught me to fix my own bike, for reasons.

I bought a pump from the store, looked up how to fix bike tires online, and zoomed down the big hill in my new city
i should have done this so much sooner

Sorry about your dad not teaching you how to fix bikes but thankfully in the days of youtube it's super easy to find a video on what you need to do to fix basically everything with your bike. Park Tools and RJ the Bike Guy are both amazing channels to show you how to basically fix everything and anything you could possibly want to.

It's all pretty straight forward too so you can keep bombing down those hills as often as you want.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Inceltown posted:

Sorry about your dad not teaching you how to fix bikes but thankfully in the days of youtube it's super easy to find a video on what you need to do to fix basically everything with your bike. Park Tools and RJ the Bike Guy are both amazing channels to show you how to basically fix everything and anything you could possibly want to.

It's all pretty straight forward too so you can keep bombing down those hills as often as you want.

yeah, a bicycle is a super simple machine, and you only need like 4 tools to be able to do everything most people are likely to do, and a 5th for the one thing you are unlikely to mess with(arc welder for making your hipster fixy)

today was my one month on hrt anniversay :catdrugs:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
God works in mysterious ways. I got my DOT card and because it took me long I got turned down from the job.

I did; get an interview with a medical Logistics company. And I got accepted into the job today. My first official day will be this Thursday.

I applied for a job out of my loving league and I pretty much nailed the interview and the job. I can loving do ANYTHING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcreG-bhRRA

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sounds like you underestimated your league! Congrats, rear end-kicker!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Im not gonna lie I am crying

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Katamari Democracy posted:

God works in mysterious ways. I got my DOT card and because it took me long I got turned down from the job.

I did; get an interview with a medical Logistics company. And I got accepted into the job today. My first official day will be this Thursday.

I applied for a job out of my loving league and I pretty much nailed the interview and the job. I can loving do ANYTHING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcreG-bhRRA

That's awesome!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
After two months of failed applications or every dog getting adopted before we got to them, I've finally managed to adopt a new dog. She is so wonderful, oh my god. She's a porker but that's a work in progress, here she is with my mom when we went to pick her up

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Your new dog looks sweet and perfect and I am very happy for you!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was sitting in the living room resting after the all-day road trip to get her and come back, and she kept coming over, resting her head on my arm, and giving me puppy dog eyes. I love her

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I'm really loving stoked

Some months back, a coworker of mine found out he had bone cancer. He was months from retirement, already had a home built in Utah or something, has a10 year old daughter, and is still young. We hadn't heard from him for a while and were all heartbroken for him.

But in he walked this morning, saying that his cancer is almost gone and he looks great. He talked about all the fishing and good times he has ahead of him.

It's a good day

Rainbow Knight has a new favorite as of 16:04 on Apr 21, 2021

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
I made this for Medical Lab Professionals Week. I'm a lab tech with a baking fetish who is entirely self-taught, and everything is homemade on this thing: gluten free chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream, raspberry jelly filling, marshmallow fondant, goofy art on the sides. Also the first time I did two tiers, one cake atop the other.

Components are all delicious, even if the overall covering fondant got a little raggedy. Hopefully when I cut into it, it won't turn into sludge or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's dope!!