Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
You did an excellent job. :kiddo:

EDIT: New page so no matter who you are this is for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Third day on the job and it. is. A. LOT. Of things I need to get together in two months instead of the traditional 6 months. Thankfully I have a lot of team members on my side who is understanding on how much they will need to cram in my brain. But so far everything is good and I have been over loaded with information; I will keep a good work ethic and continue to do my best.

But my job title is Quality Systems Coordinator II. I have to learn 10 departments in less than two months and master them all so I know whats wrong when a department goes under.

Typically for this job I would have to learn everything in 6 months. But for each department I will need to learn in four days each. Yikes, wish me luck!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

A complete stranger hit on me today. No one has ever done that to me, not in all my fortysome years--not even my husband of twenty years this month. He spoke with respect, even awe, and I was positively tickled to death.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
e- gently caress this

Katamari Democracy has a new favorite as of 03:56 on May 7, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the frame for the springs in my beloved and extremely worn out but still comfortable oversized chair broke, the metal shearing apart in the corner, leading to the main butt receptacle portion of the chair dipping significantly. I thought I would have to throw it out, but found that I could just wedge a section of wood in the frame and it's good as new, likely good to go for another decade, hopefully! I love this drat chair and it'd probably be over a grand to replace it so being able to spend 5 minutes fixing it so easily made my day.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

my day was actually a grueling slog. i worked an 8 to 430 shift which for some reason feels like an eternity. in the first four hours i felt like i had worked a twelve hour day with how busy it was and how much poo poo i had to take care of with the boss off for the day.

BUT

my new computer came in! i thought i would have to wait til monday because i didn't think UPS delivered on weekends, and i've been missing the delivery the last couple days. but see...i needed to sign for it. so i don't know who dropped it off on the doorstep of my apartment, but they got some fuckin moxie if they're just going to leave a 2k computer in plain sight with the logo facing outward and forge a signature. i can't be upset at that at all though, really. it's so.... daring. so dashing. aaaaand also i didn't get my poo poo swiped so there's that.

:stwoon:

Rainbow Knight has a new favorite as of 01:19 on May 9, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got my second shot today, and with that, my household is fully vaccinated. I can't wait for those improved download speeds!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I got my second shot today, and with that, my household is fully vaccinated. I can't wait for those improved download speeds!
You gotta wait two weeks for it to be fully effective!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Got my vaccination (J&J) today. I would've preferred one of the others but I'll take that I can get.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I found a copy of Blum's Book of Runes as a kit with rune tiles and velvet bag (not my photo) at a Habitat ReStore for sixty cents.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I just found out that Shpongle did a live show and it's on youtube - I only thought of them for the first time in a decade when taking about music, and I didn't even know they were still around. The show is a loving trip even when sober, I can only imagine how it is otherwise

https://youtu.be/uRiTKZfsMQQ

In lesser news I nailed a job interview today, now I'm just waiting on the final round with the even-higher-ups

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Prolly spending New Years 2022 in NOLA with a friend from Germany after we've had plans cancelled for more than a year. I'm very excited.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I'm a few days late, but I had a pretty B+ or better day on the 23rd.

That day, I both:
- Achieved my weightloss goal, which I'd been working towards for 2 years straight - I halved my body weight.
- Was offered a job that pays 1.5x what I currently make.

I'm feeling uneasy about the change with the new job - but a good kind of uneasy. The "this is JUST out of my comfort zone, so probably a growing opportunity" kind of feeling.

Also, math tells me that I'll be earning 3x as much per pound of me, so that's cool.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Today was the last day of the school year.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I passed the final interview by the skin of my teeth! I had a bad brain morning and bombed the first few questions hard, like to the point that I seriously considered just getting up and walking out with a "sorry for taking your time", but thankfully my previous interviewers convinced the decision maker otherwise

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

It's not a huge thing, but I've been anxious about the whole lovely process of getting a job, in a large part because I was suddenly forced to start looking. (Have to get a 'normal' job to evaluate me for disability, because social services won't let me do it in my current position as a freelancer.)

I quickly got called up by a headhunter, and some big IT company set up a meeting with me where they spent most of the meeting just trying to pitch their company to me, showing all the great supports and benefits they have, and what they do for their employees etc.
It was a complete reversal of the kind of dynamic I expected I'd be seeing when trying to get a job. (Expected having to pretty much grovel just to get -some- kind of relevant job, and then work at a place I dislike for long enough to get evaluated for disability, before going back to freelance.)

I'll know next week if the hiring process with them continues or not, but it just really cheered me up how apparently my skillset and experience is enough to get one of the leading companies in my country, in my field to crane their neck and set up an interview with me within days of me making my CV public.
It was barely an hour or two from the headhunter asking if he could pass along my CV, to him calling up again and trying to book the meeting. And the job is pretty interesting, so I'd be super interested in it if I got the position, even if it does mean having to move.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Got my appointment to get my first vaccine dose! and it's the one I was hoping for too - Pfizer-Biontech- free 5G woo!

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."

Pookah posted:

Got my appointment to get my first vaccine dose! and it's the one I was hoping for too - Pfizer-Biontech- free 5G woo!

Heads up, when they give it to you they don't tell you that the microchip only takes Micro USB and not Type C, like you'd assume.

So about 2 months ago I was able to get my hands on a graphics card for a decent price. Finished paying off that purchase on my credit card today, so now I can get started on buying the rest of the PC.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was able to take my dog inside the vet for the first time since covid began, before we had to hand them off and wait for a phone call iN the car after the appointment, which was painful with our previous dog during the time she was succumbing to cancer. This was the first day they were allowing people inside the building(with masks), and it's nice seeing them face to face again.

My dog has lost ten pounds since adopting her, and we are hoping she will lose a further 15ish to get to a healthy and normal 75 pounds for her size. She's heartworm negative and there's nothing wrong with her body, which is great news. They think she might be having minor seizures when she wakes up sometimes based on what we told them, so we just have to keep an eye on her and hopefully that will turn out to be nothing.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
So its almost been two months since I started this job and I am still absolutely loving it. I am learning so much every day, and I am being more independent as every day passes. Not only that but I have been getting a lot of praises on how well I have been able to handle my work with my fellow team mates. For the first time in my 33 years of living, it feels great to hear everyday from almost everyone on how happy they are to see me and have a positive attitude during working hours.

Its not all sunshine and rainbows here at work. Sometimes it is stressful, but with my work experience in the past (Resturant, Warehouse, technical know how, etc.) I am able to keep my cool. This job was absolutely made for me and the pay has made things really lifechanging on my end. I got a new badass cell phone for the first time, been able to save up a LOT more money quicker to get a new ride, and I even treated myself to some expensive Sketcher sneakers and clothes to make me look drat good at work and in the dating scene. And I have been paying it forward to my close friends and family.

I am still KD outside of work. Just less depressed and less worried about everything. Work challenges me and I enjoy every step so far that they have given me.

Also I feel good about the work I do for this company. Its for medical logistics so we handle Covid kits and many other medical kits used all around the world. I can't really go into more detail than that.

Like I said when I first made the post two months ago. I can loving do anything.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
My mental health is in a good place right now and it makes me feel capable of being the person I want to be. We'll see how long it lasts, but it's such a relief after the past year and a half.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Huh, so.
I got my 3080ti which I got at not much over MSRP delivered today. (Making it cheaper than many 3080 and 3090 models.)
And also I got a very interesting looking job, after completing the interview round. (Though moving is going to be a bit of a hassle.)

(Said job was also a a surprise because I was forced to get a 'real' job instead of my freelancing to start applying for disability.
And I was amazed when a super interesting and relevant company contacted me pretty much immediately after making my CV public. )

All in all, nice. :toot:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Tonight means watching Svengoolie with my dad. :unsmith:

I also found a pile of vintage sci fi and Battletech books for two bucks each. :iia:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Svengoolie is cool, your dad is cool, and you are cool. So great that you can enjoy such a great thing together.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Just got promoted today to lead a team I just joined 2 and a half years ago and still feel like I have very little idea what I'm doing in my current role, let alone leading it. Could be awesome, could crash and burn, but I'm going to call it awesome for now.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Just got promoted today to lead a team I just joined 2 and a half years ago and still feel like I have very little idea what I'm doing in my current role, let alone leading it. Could be awesome, could crash and burn, but I'm going to call it awesome for now.

I think it’s obvious why you got the promotion

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

oldpainless posted:

I think it’s obvious why you got the promotion

my rear end eating skills are mediocre at best.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
No one has any idea what they're doing. I don't, and my boss certainly doesn't.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I mentioned in the thread before how I got a surprise job offer/interview round by an interesting company. (After being forced into looking for a job instead of continuing my freelance stuff.)

Today I got the contract + the official wage offer they put infront of me is like a solid 10-15k/yr $ higher than I expected, including just a ream of benefits. (Bonus? Free stocks? Covering a chunk of my phone + internet? Yes please!)
So I'm prepping to move this summer, and it seems like my life is starting to fall into place a lot more than it was doing up 'til now. Even though it'll be a hassle to find a place to live in a different city altogether.
Especially since I was burned by going into a terrible, exploitative work environment when I first started work out of school, getting something this good in comparison now is like a dream.

(But ugh, how do I break this to my buddy who's already working there, in a different department? Just 'Oh yeah, looks like I'm starting with a 20%+ higher wage than you, even though you've worked here for 2 years or so.' It feels kinda lovely in a way. Though we are in different departments doing different things. )

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I don't know what they changed in the formula for Preparation H since the last time I bought it but the new stuff in the new tube is working so much better and so much faster than the old one I almost cried in relief. The pain relief is almost instant, and the medicine doesn't have half as sharp a smell to it anymore.

Also yesterday was my birthday and it was pretty nice! My sister made shrimp alfredo, my Dad gave me a bracelet of malachite beads, and Mom gave me a new pair of house slippers. It's a simple life, but a happy one.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:23 on Jun 26, 2021

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

It's been about 3 weeks since I ended my relationship. In that time, I've reconnected with friends and family, found an apartment I can afford, have an interview for a second part-time job that'll get me more knowledge as to what I really want to be doing with my life, and I just managed to move several boxes of stuff right before the rain started.

After over a year of no takeout food, I splurged on a chicken sandwich on pretzel bread with pickle. That was a drat good sandwich.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I moved a few weeks ago and switched to my new address on Nextdoor. Apparently, this is happening.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

GWBBQ posted:

I moved a few weeks ago and switched to my new address on Nextdoor. Apparently, this is happening.

lmao, a legend does that. That is who.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

They just have an uncontrollable urge to do that. It gives them satisfaction.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Inceltown posted:

lmao, a legend does that. That is who.
Neighbor reaction: "Call the police Immediately, he has a knife hanging from his belt!"

I loving hat white people.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

GWBBQ posted:

he has a knife hanging from his belt!"

*squints*

I guess if they're legally blind or scrolling on a potato but....

Wait, is the neighbor a cop?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

*squints*

I guess if they're legally blind or scrolling on a potato but....

Wait, is the neighbor a cop?

Next door is made for self styled neighbourhood cops. It wouldn't exist without them.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Just got an Email from the staffing agency on that new job I nailed two months ago. My 90 days is almost up and it looks like my new career is going to be moving up.

I don't like to talk about the new pay they are offering. But im getting a big sign on bonus, they want to pay off my phone, and give me medical insurance for almost everything.

I was making 21k a year after college (This is almost 80k a year) and its about drat time that number has gone up with benefits.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I had my first date in 2.5 years, which was my first blind (internet) date in like 7 years, having only dated people I already knew and was already very comfortable with since. It went very well and my anxiety didn't destroy me like I had spiralled about in my head. I also communicated that I was in a weird place and she was totally cool with that. We kissed and it was very nice.

Even if this doesn't go somewhere, it's broken a seal in my head that I'd built up way too much for no reason. Thanks, therapy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Haha ew kissing

Congrats!