Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Clapping Larry

You did an excellent job.

EDIT: New page so no matter who you are this is for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 18, 2010

Oh, We understand.
A trip to collect a million votes, yes.
Oh, we know why.
We get the point of rolling up a million

Wedge Regret

Third day on the job and it. is. A. LOT. Of things I need to get together in two months instead of the traditional 6 months. Thankfully I have a lot of team members on my side who is understanding on how much they will need to cram in my brain. But so far everything is good and I have been over loaded with information; I will keep a good work ethic and continue to do my best.

But my job title is Quality Systems Coordinator II. I have to learn 10 departments in less than two months and master them all so I know whats wrong when a department goes under.

Typically for this job I would have to learn everything in 6 months. But for each department I will need to learn in four days each. Yikes, wish me luck!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

A complete stranger hit on me today. No one has ever done that to me, not in all my fortysome years--not even my husband of twenty years this month. He spoke with respect, even awe, and I was positively tickled to death.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 18, 2010

Oh, We understand.
A trip to collect a million votes, yes.
Oh, we know why.
We get the point of rolling up a million

Wedge Regret

e- gently caress this

Katamari Democracy has a new favorite as of 02:56 on May 7, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Clever Betty

the frame for the springs in my beloved and extremely worn out but still comfortable oversized chair broke, the metal shearing apart in the corner, leading to the main butt receptacle portion of the chair dipping significantly. I thought I would have to throw it out, but found that I could just wedge a section of wood in the frame and it's good as new, likely good to go for another decade, hopefully! I love this drat chair and it'd probably be over a grand to replace it so being able to spend 5 minutes fixing it so easily made my day.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Soiled Meat

my day was actually a grueling slog. i worked an 8 to 430 shift which for some reason feels like an eternity. in the first four hours i felt like i had worked a twelve hour day with how busy it was and how much poo poo i had to take care of with the boss off for the day.

BUT

my new computer came in! i thought i would have to wait til monday because i didn't think UPS delivered on weekends, and i've been missing the delivery the last couple days. but see...i needed to sign for it. so i don't know who dropped it off on the doorstep of my apartment, but they got some fuckin moxie if they're just going to leave a 2k computer in plain sight with the logo facing outward and forge a signature. i can't be upset at that at all though, really. it's so.... daring. so dashing. aaaaand also i didn't get my poo poo swiped so there's that.

Rainbow Knight has a new favorite as of 00:19 on May 9, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Clever Betty

I got my second shot today, and with that, my household is fully vaccinated. I can't wait for those improved download speeds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I got my second shot today, and with that, my household is fully vaccinated. I can't wait for those improved download speeds!
You gotta wait two weeks for it to be fully effective!