Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a-dogg
Sep 29, 2005

Weekend Warrior
Jameson was on sale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chroisman
Mar 27, 2010
This year in chem lab they're being really hardass, and I was fearing for my results last week. I came home to find out I got a 9/10. Yay!

Edit: Also, I only just realised when this semester started that if I chose anatomy, I could do Forensic Osteology next year which sounds so good. Sadly though, I didn't fulfill the prerequisites for a particular unit and the lady running the discipline wasn't very happy giving me special permission to take the subject. After a while of asking, I finally pulled out my last card which was some uni-related course I did three years ago in high school, and that was enough to convince her. Yay, now I can learn things that I'll enjoy.

Chroisman has a new favorite as of 13:03 on Mar 8, 2011

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.
I finally bought the books for this semester. Catching up with homework is cool kids! :thumbsup:

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Got the #7 chicken combo from Wendys and get this poo poo:

Two loving pieces of chicken on the burger. Dude just gave me two pieces of chicken.

I almost cried :unsmith:

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
I really like being reminded that, even when I intend to phone it in, I'm still really good at my job.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

I drew eyebrows on the dog. Now she looks like Eugene Levy.

And tomorrow I'm driving back to school so I won't be bored enough to draw eyebrows on the dog.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Not actually today but this past weekend was pretty excellent. Met the director of MOCA on Friday night at the Pacific Design Center, worked on the non-running motorcycle and installed a couple 4 foot fluorescent fixtures in the garage for hella more light on Saturday, and got the non-running motorcycle running on Sunday. Took it around the block.

Pretty much the most productive weekend in a long time. :buddy:

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

I completed my marker drawing today. Now to come up with another one!

Shrike41
Jan 7, 2011
Built LEGO with my son, found 2 of this Space Police set for $7.50 at my local Obesemart!

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=5983-1

Pretty fun set to build.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I saw John Oliver do stand up at my university Friday night. I was in the second row, and the lights at one point reflected off my safety green work shirt and nearly blinded him. He had me stand up for the crowd to see how bright my shirt was and said I was "either the most confident man in the world, or dead inside". I took it as a compliment, personally.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I made banana pancakes

john_furie
Jan 19, 2005
A new Spice store opened up right near my work. Got awesome ground habenero and cumin for my next chili. Also, green bamboo rice! Can't wait to get pictures of that.

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
Got all The Jesus Lizard albums. Noise rock rules.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
My friend brought me some OG Kush at work today, and to disguise it she brought it in a girl guides cookies box. I noticed it was pretty heavy, and when I opened it up, there were cookies inside! Who brings you great ganja and munchies :3:

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
Free coffee. I am kicking rear end at roll up the rim this year.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

I got year passes to Sea World for me and a couple friends, since we only live half an hour away. gently caress yeah, dolphins! (and penguins and manta rays and seals and sea turtles and OMG I wonder if they do internships and...)

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.

Oh Hell No posted:

I got year passes to Sea World for me and a couple friends, since we only live half an hour away. gently caress yeah, dolphins! (and penguins and manta rays and seals and sea turtles and OMG I wonder if they do internships and...)

Watch out for the man eating whale.

King of Spit
May 18, 2006
I did 8.3 miles in an hour on the treadmill. First time I've done this well in a few years.

Faux Pas
May 30, 2003

Anything for a smile.
Worked out with the BOYFRIEND for two hours, went back to his apartment to listen to him play electric guitar (into hiding, amorphis), we had sexy times, and he made me an awesome breakfast burrito <3. Thoroughly swooned.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Today was pretty hectic and stressful for a Friday, however I had been working on a large project to fix Cognos on a ton of machines and although it took us a while, we were able to find a working fix.

One of the guys I was working with just walked in with a $50 gift cert to Amazon for me. :unsmith:

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
two hour nap after about 3 nights in a row of sleeplessness/broken sleep. I think I spent most of it dreaming. Ahhhhh, sleep cycles, I remember you.
I feel about 1000% better than when I got up this morning.

Paddy Opossum
Jan 28, 2011

by angerbot
My friend now works at my school's gym. She signed me up for premium access. Now I get to go tanning for free whenever I want.

(This post matches the thread tag)

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I finished writing a book that I've been working on for two and a half years. :)

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
My lawyer is out of town, so I had to meet with his legal assistant who is loving awesome and straightened out in one hour what has so far taken the lawyer a month.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Saw an old friend from high school at college and caught up for the first time in months, which was great.

In It For The Tank has a new favorite as of 09:03 on Feb 3, 2014

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

Fecha posted:

I finished writing a book that I've been working on for two and a half years. :)

Congratulations, big achievement there, I've been working on mine about a year and a half and i'm barely a third of the way through the second draft. Sometimes I wonder how long it's gonna be before i just say gently caress this poo poo and burn the fucker just to spite myself. Got 65,000 words so far and at least half of those words are pretty awesome.

Today? Well, it's not even 10am yet, but we've got a chump coming to view the house at 2, after three months of no interest on the market. Hopefully this means my mother will be in a good mood later. Got to work my day off, but it's only four hours and I like the people I work with so that's good, and I only have one more day to go before i'm off work for a week so I can go househunting for myself.

Realthing02
Nov 1, 2005
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
I met Brian Wilson (Giants closer) at Starbucks this morning. I also met his beard.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

I'm doing a "crap I don't need" apartment purge since I moved here 4 years ago.

I'm not even 1/3 of the way done, but I feel SO much better with the amount of clutter I got rid of already.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Slept till two pm and woke up snuggled with my cat :3: It was beautiful out, I got all my homework done and I weighed myself today and realized I'm 15 lbs down from New Years.

Sapphaholic
Mar 21, 2008

Delicious.
Realized at 7:30pm that it was in the 70's out after having been winter coat weather all week, so the Hubby and I went out for a really nice walk. And now it's storming! I absolutely adore spring thunderstorms.

Sometimes you just gotta appreciate the little things.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
Yesterday was awesome because I finally got over my cold and was able to whizz around on my bike for the first time in this warm, lovely springness.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
This thread needs more love :)

Today was awesome because I found out I've lost 15 lbs since Valentines day and I'm having some friends over tonight to hang out and watch movies. My room is clean, the weather is beautiful and I managed to be really productive today!

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I posted last night in the What Ruined Your Day thread, about not having enough cash to go see my girlfriend on her birthday today. (Amongst other lovely things)

My brother came over with beers to cheer me up last night and gave me 20 bucks so I could make it out there and back. That's not what made my day really awesome though.

This morning, I woke up to find that a very kind goon had PM'd me offering to paypal me some cash so I could get out to see her :3: I won't name him in case he wants to remain anonymous, but that really made my day. Made my whole week, actually! I didn't take him up on the offer, because everything's good now, but just that someone would do that makes me feel awesome.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
We made a big breakthrough in my research recently and my boss was really happy with the data I collected today. Also had an impromptu dinner with my two best grad school buddies.
Now I'm talking to my lovely girlfriend and our dog :3:

Eponymous Bosch
Aug 11, 2010
I come home after running errands and a workout that had gone horribly wrong- my husband grabs me in a hug before I can say anything, says I'm beautiful, and insists we go for a romantic night out.

So we did. He is the best of husbands.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I feel strangely at peace even though I'm writing a lab report, which usually isn't so calming. :)

Zite Rhums
Jul 18, 2010
Today was a good day. I finally started putting together my bench set I got in December. I'll be able to start working out again and loose all the chub I've obtained!

Is Not Meat
Dec 26, 2010
Today was a good day because I finally got to make relations with the the girl I've been attracted to since the beginning of my masters program. It didn't even kill the mood that her ex-boyfriend came to her house (undeclared) to put flowers on her dresser while I was still laying in her bed.

That was a conversation I never thought I'd have. gently caress it! :smugbert:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I had a successful date and asked a really awesome girl out. She said yes :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I didn't fail a calculus exam! Dare I say I made at least a B?

No dates though, kind of hard to follow mr. above poster :saddowns: