Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

My in laws got me a new grill for an early father day present. So I spent the day grilling my rear end off and drinking beer.
My seven moth old has been a good boy all day. And now I'm outside enjoying a smoke, another beer, and listening to music while mom and baby nap.

:dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

. There is meat on the grill. There is beer in my belly. Today is a good day.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

My sons post-op doctor checkup shows the surgery was successful and he is in perfect health.

Then I had a good day at work by troubleshooting a lot of computer problems.

And then I went to band practice and rocked my face off.

Successful day by far.

Now beer.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

My tax return hit my account today.

I work at a college, and spring break started today, which means a week of paid vacation without having to take vacation time.

This will be the first time ever my wife and I will be off work at the same time. Awesome.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Today my little boy turned three years old. We had an awesome party at a park with lots of family and friends.

Now that he's asleep, I'm going to drink beer by my firepit in fantastic weather. Life is good.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

My band's first record was just delivered to us after the mixing and mastering process! A year's worth of hard work has finally paid off in the form of sweet sweet rock tunes.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Today my 7 year old son and I completed Halo 1. I t was magical reliving the levels and seeing his excitement and awe at the game. He picked up controller skill almost immediately was was kicking butt. The last 6 minutes of the last level he was beside himself with delight as we were making our escape driving the Warthog.

Twas a good day.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Katamari Democracy posted:

Finally found love.

Met this girl during a gaming tournament (Safely) being done in the area and she was around visiting family. After it was over we went out to eat and chatted a bit. She asked me if I was single and interested. So that threw me off guard. And we really connected and had a great time together.

I cant wait to see her again this weekend. We plan on going out to the park and having lunch outside. Then later connecting with friends to have nerdy fun playing videogames.

I never really dated and I am 33 years old. But my heart is telling me she is someone special and we both really like each other. So I am very happy.

Love happens when you do not look for it. Be your best most genuine self and enjoy the journey my friend!

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Killingyouguy! posted:

I thought I was allergic to egg, but it turns out it's just a really severe heartburn trigger! I can tolerate it while on these stomach drugs!

Eggs are life! Yay!

What meds are you taking? I was prescribed super strong acid reducers to take daily due to severe reflux. It worked, but now I only need them every three or four days. I was thinking about just getting over the counter generic Prilosec to use when needed.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Today I started a new job.

I was laid off from my community college technician career after 20 years last October.

Seven months of depression and job searching later, I have found myself now at a University with a Media Services department that is in need of my skills.

Things are looking up and I am grateful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

I went to my third therapy session today. Got a lot of my chest and I feel like I described how I was feeling this past week very well. I also went to Jury Duty today and was selected to sit on the jury. It was a very minor drug offense with no victims or any other foul play. I was the presiding juror and the other jurors agreed with my opinion on the sentencing, and the dude got off with time served. I also fixed a broken closet door, and hung up some curtains when I got home.

Savor the simple wins in your life. Feel good about being a part of your community.

Love one another.