Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

abata and ekubo posted:

I had sex for the first time and got a boyfriend :3:

Congratulations.

I cleaned my room today. Like, give it a proper work-through. All the useless crap is gone, I've actually got my one and a half bookcase sorted, and I realised how many books I've actually got.

Also, although this was two nights ago, I found Never Gonna Give You Up on vinyl for a euro. I spent the night rickrolling people in real life. It was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I had an assessment this morning. It was the last interview after providing the organisation with a portfolio that's filled with documentation and writings and stuff to proof that I do indeed possess the qualifications needed in my line of work. Compiling that portfolio took me about a year, was super stressful and I never felt quite satisfied but at some point you're nearing the deadline and it just has to be good enough.
I went into the interview full of nerves but felt I did okay. Then two hours of waiting until I got a call back with the final result.

I passed.

This certificate is equivalent to a 4 year degree. I can register as a professional in my line of work. It's the culmination of almost 6 years of work experience and has been hanging over my head for the past 2 years.

I passed. I can't believe it but I passed. Solidly. Not even just scraping by or whatever, but my portfolio and everything was great. I just... holy poo poo...

I passed.

Finally something good after years of everything turning to poo poo.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Thanks! Assisted living/social work/foster work for vulnerable children/teens, usually with a bunch of issues. Pretty much all of them have at least a form of trauma and attachment disorders as a result of their situation, but many also have to deal with adhd, autism and other behavioral/developmental issues. So yeah, super rewarding work that absolutely requires a bunch of certificates and degrees and poo poo for obvious reasons (at least here in western Europe, I know things are different in other parts of the world.)

To have outsiders recognize I'm good at my job feels so loving good. I haven't felt this good in years.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Y'all, I work most weekends and every school holiday.

Kinda a bummer for my social life, but my job basically means I hang out with awesome special needs kids all day, which is why like 99% of my days are awesome. Wouldn't trade for anything, and my 'weekends' are monday to thursday, so while I work hard for 3 days I get 4 days to decompress, which rules. Also when I do have a weekend off (which happens like 8 times a year) it means I have a mini almost two week vacation, which is seperate from my actual 3 week vacation each year.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

High five being sick buddy!

I did manage to drag myself to a best friend's sons birthday celebration. Today was for family, tomorrow is for friends so hopefully I'll feel better then so I can actually enjoy the party.

So anyway, didn't feel like cooking and since I'm in a decent sized city now (staying at my mom's for the weekend who's away on holiday) I've actually got options for ordering delivery! I live in the middle of nowhere so my only option are three pizzarias who are basically the same.

Browsing all the options my eye fell on this Indian place with great reviews. Haven't had Indian in forever so it looked good. Never had butter chicken either but of course only heard good things.

Butter chicken is awesome, turns out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I hung out with my 4 year old nephew today. I see him only about once a month and today I surprised him by picking him up from school. Hung out with him and his mom all afternoonand played mario kart on the new switch, made pancakes for dinner with his dad and after dinner we all played mario party together. Just an amazing day capped off by him wanting me to bring him to bed and read him a story.

Tomorrow I'm spending the day with my other 'nephew' (my best friend's kid) which I'm also looking forward to and sunday my sister, nephew and me are going to visit my cousin I haven't really seen for a couple of years who also has a 6 year old.

Just an awesome weekend. :3: