Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I dropped my glasses and they came off the frame some. Took them to the store yesterday to have them fixed, and expected to have to pay for the (apparently complicated) repair.

They did it for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Solice Kirsk posted:

My absolute worst client (just a huge rear end in a top hat, smug, condescending, demanding, total shitbag, always asking to do things he knows he's not allowed to do) is not my problem anymore. In fact, he's not my bank's problem anymore. I wish I could say more because it's hilarious and juicy as hell. Oh well, hope the prison system is nice to him.

Bitcoin strikes again!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Some reasons:

- floof dog
- LAB is back with corvid presents
- lab* is back with no covid presence

* fine, quick test result, not going to let that ruin it

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Nth Doctor posted:

Merry Christmas, hon.

:3:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Phy posted:

I did, and she gave me a funny look and said "I'm not a hero, I'm just doing my civic duty."

Hell of a way to find out I married Superman

Awesome.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Checkup after losing 10kg and blood levels went from :frogsiren: to :toot: just like that.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

After months of dreading today's dentist appointment, one simple trick (dentists love it, it turns out) helped me NOT start to retch and choke and suffocate when they took all those goo imprints they need to do a crown, for the first time ever. Hopefully that'll tell my idiot subconscious that there's no need to panic hours in advance ever again. gently caress you, subconscious.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Gort posted:

What was the trick?

It was some combination of these three things:

1) sitting upright, not reclined;

2) massaging the bit of skin between the index and middle finger of your left hand with the thumb and index finger of your right hand;

3) rhythmically move one foot back and forth (or one or both legs up and down) in sync with breathing through the nose only, concentrating exclusively on the movement.

I think it was mostly 1 & 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Retroactively got a 10% discount applied on an expensive item I ordered at the beginning of the month but that hasn't shipped yet after inquiring about their "-10% on everything" weekend promotion (I could have also cancelled and re-ordered for a far later delivery, of course).