Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My wife and I had a baby shower today and got lots of cool stuff for the squirt, including a baby monitor camera thing so I can show our kid off at work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

My daughter was born today.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I woke up next to my wife and child today. The cherry on top is that I also have the day off.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Vintimus Prime posted:

I got married!

Congratulations!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

...Why does a bird have thumbs...?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

That's one cheeky-rear end bird.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

At least Steve Wilkos didn't do an episode that got a man murdered.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I just scratched off a $1,000 winning ticket.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:toot: Congratulations. I've always wondered, how are you supposed to turn those in? Do you go back to the store you got them from, or do you have to go to a specific building?

From what I know, in my state, I have to go to the lottery office in the capital city. I'm not sure if it's different in other states.

Leave has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Apr 4, 2017

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Thin Privilege posted:

A coworker said I was cool :unsmith:

And they were right!

Probably.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'm currently taking a poo poo at work, making time and a half plus holiday pay to do so.

I loving love America.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I have tomorrow off, as does my wife, and it's looking pretty good that we're going to get a date night.

Honestly, I'm not worried about the date. I'm just happy we'll have a day together.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Dick Trauma posted:

It's cute now, but when it's full grown and eating sailboats... :krakken:

I don't see the spider. :(

...Though I just now took a look around, so thanks, you've scared me into thinking there's an arachnid sneaking around here.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Megabound posted:

Near the centre of the image, just below the moss.

Neat picture!

What a horrifying little creature.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Put new sheets on the bed and slept in them

My wife bought new sheets the other day, and those are some of the comfiest bastards I've ever slept on.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Put new sheets on the bed and slept in them

My wife bought new sheets the other day, and those are some of the comfiest bastards I've ever slept on.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'm in Noblesville, Indiana, at the motherfucking Foreigner concert, with my wife, and it's going to be the poo poo!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'm working on changing my eating habits from triple cheeseburgers and large fries, and other giant fast food meals, and I'm getting to the point where I honestly think that I can not finish a huge sandwich and I'm getting smaller portions of fries.

I'm trying so hard to eat less, eat a little better, and I'm getting there. I've lost some weight, down from 270 a little bit (I'm on break, so I can't check the exact numbers), but I'm doing it. I'm losing weight, I'm taking better care of myself, my wife is proud of me, and I'm feeling good about myself.

It's really nice. It's been a while.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

My COVID test came back negative.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I wish I had the before picture of the 307, but this has me feeling really good.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'd like some more info on pythons, too. I would have guessed they lay an egg at a time, but I guess not. How many eggs can they lay at a time?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

Oh yes, pythons are known for being great moms. I actually had to re-home a ball python who had a bad batch of eggs, and she remembered I had taken them. She went from a sweet laid back snake to striking the cage if I walked by. This went on for months after I took them. I'm sorry Crackle, they were all infertile!

Your last couple of posts were great and that's why my day was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

took mom in for a cauterization ablation at 5 this morning in Boston. some of the best doctors in the world are there, so I knew she was in good hands, even if I literally had a nightmare where she died while being operated on right before I took her in that certainly loving shook me. They worked on her for somewhere between 5-6 hours, apparently there were a lot of spots they wanted to do and they also had to check prior work. it's wild to hear how they do it, they thread a little robot tube catheter thingy up through the artery in your inner thigh all the way up into your heart, and then burn malfunctioning heart tissue and nerves to prevent faulty signals to be able to complete(which causes Afib). She had the cryo version done a decade ago but it didn't work for very long. this version is much more involved and intense, but also has a higher chance of success because it's targeted whereas the cryo version is more of a blanket thing, they literally fill up a balloon in your heart and make it cold so it affects an entire area of the heart rather than specific locations.

I finally got a call that everything went well and I could go visit her while she woke up and stayed horizontal for 3 hours, then they did some basic standing, sitting, and movement tests, and kicked her right out because a ton of people were there and they cycle people out as fast as they can. we got home a little while ago, and she's once again feeling fine. luck willing, she won't have to deal with Afib for the rest of her life, and greatly improve her day to day living. and we won't need to go to the loving ER every other week like we have been. also she'll be able to get off a bunch of meds, which is always a bonus

That's awesome, I'm really glad for the both of you.

We recently found out my dad's afib is apparently really minor; I'm not 100% sure of the details myself, as the doctor told him and he told me, but it seems like it's nowhere near the concern we thought it would/could be.