Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Not actually today but this past weekend was pretty excellent. Met the director of MOCA on Friday night at the Pacific Design Center, worked on the non-running motorcycle and installed a couple 4 foot fluorescent fixtures in the garage for hella more light on Saturday, and got the non-running motorcycle running on Sunday. Took it around the block.

Pretty much the most productive weekend in a long time. :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Yesterday was a pretty productive day at work, capped off by great burgers and a nice dark Belgian ale, then swapping motorcycles with a buddy to head home (all in due time of course, no impairment up in this bitch).

Only downside is that the swap helped me realize that my bike is exactly as uncomfortable as I suspected. :( Time for taller bars!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I can't seem to find the lovely day thread (perhaps it was deleted because it was depressing, idk), so I'll spin this in a good way. We were woken up at 5 this morning by someone screaming nonstop at the top of their lungs for 15 minutes at the end of our street, yelling "call the cops!" over and over again. Now its not even 9:30 yet and I'm all drained from the adrenaline of being jolted awake by someone either tweaking the gently caress out or freaking out over a stab wound or something.

But I woke up a little extra early and took a nice long shower! So, that part was awesome! :v:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Industrial solvent to the face! :toot: I get the weekend off gently caress you overtime!

So what was it? Hopefully not MEK or something in that range.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Mom's finally going into rehab, by her own decision. Big money apparently, and I just got the news via "teary mom phonecall," but the prospect of her finally being sober and staying sober is really incredible, and the fact that she made the decision herself is really uplifting.

Can rehab patients receive mail, does anyone know? She said she can't talk to anyone while she's there, but I want to try and send letters as often as possible if I can.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I'm inching closer to having an honest to god designed product under my belt, after skirting around my Industrial Design degree for the past 3 years. I'm having to push my boundaries a little and be a little demanding at work, but its working so far. Hope I don't gently caress it up!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Makin' pulled pork sandwiches, big ol' shoulder in the crock pot right now. :cool:

Hoping tasty meat makes up for major anxiety/depression yesterday.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Today's pretty great because I'm all alone at work, and really all I need to worry about today is bugging vendors to get me what I need. I'll be driving around dropping off material/picking up finished items, and probably won't have to do much of anything else. The boss is camping so I'll be pretty much on my own for the next 2-3 days as well, with one other guy helping out for a couple days. My only concern is that I'll run out of internet to look at. :)

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Got the internet sorted at the new apartment today, when we thought we'd have to go out of our way to be there sometime during the week (not fully moving until next weekend). Less awesome, but he gave me some line about service being down "nationwide," though the same ISP at our old apartment is working fine right now. I'll have to keep an eye on the new place's connection for the next couple days and bitch if things don't happen.

Also got to test out the new gigantic television I splurged on for the new place. Found out that the Xbox 360 will output both audio and video over HDMI like it should, which will cut down on a poo poo ton of cables in back. Also tried the built in Netflix app on the TV via the TV's wifi connection (what) and it worked great. I'll be hunting for a cheap antenna to try and pick up some broadcast HD channels.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
We're mostly moved into the new apartment, and will be sleeping here from tonight on. Love our old friends/landlords, but the neighborhood was poo poo. So much happier where we are now. Plus, 3 day weekend!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
The downpour stopped long enough for my ride into work, and stayed off until I was able to cover my motorcycle. That's the sign of a good day to come. :D

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Yesterday, but we went to dinner with a few local friends, and because we now live in an awesome 'hood, it was a 5 minute walk to the restaurant. Made us both realize how loving great it is living there, and how glad we are that we left our old, really terrible neighborhood. Just one of those big rear end sigh of relief moments. Made my week.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Got asked to stay a little later after the other guys left work today (small shop, <10 people total), and I was totally expecting some kind of lovely mini review that I could steam over for the next week we have off. Instead got handed a fat bonus on top of the last paycheck I just got on Tuesday, then the advance paycheck through the end of the year earlier today. Sitting on more than a month and a half's income grinning like a retard. I was a little generous with the throttle on the way home. :ohdear:

Also got apparently every christmas present in the mail at once today (far more than I was expecting), and had a long talk with grandma that wasn't just "thanks for the sweater" BS.

Thinking about where I want to take the girl to dinner tonight, and thinking about finding a Wal-Mart tomorrow and paying off somebody's layaway. :3:

loving cloud nine, I'm there.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I hosed around all morning at work, then spectacularly threw everything together that I needed to get done within an hour before lunch, and I've been pulling kick-rear end solutions to problems right out of my rear end as soon as they come up since then. After work, I'll finally pick up my guitar that UPS has been trying to deliver for the entire week (I hope it's not trashed...), and we're having friends over tonight for a movie! Good start to the weekend. Also I just saw a video of a dog jamming to some acoustic guitar.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
We finally got final artwork for a project that's been in standby for months because the graphic designer wasn't getting us the final artwork. This is great, because we can finally start building.

What actually made my day? The artwork, delayed for months and months, is REALLY loving amateur looking and terrible, and looks like she slapped it together over the weekend. :laugh:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Yesterday was great. I crashed my motorcycle on Sunday (which was less great), and took Monday off from work. I ended up getting a ton of stuff accomplished that I've been putting off. Did my taxes, got all of the rebates for my new computer mailed out, took the old iMac in and set up a repair (for much less than I was expecting, too), fixed the burned out tail lights on the car, wrapped up a small side-job (and got cookies from the lady!), picked up the wireless keyboard I've been wanting, and cleaned off my desk.

I mean, I'd rather not have to wreck my bike to be so productive, but I'll take it.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
After slogging through dropping off my trashed motorcycle at the shop for a teardown/insurance inspection and dealing with positively retarded rental car agency employees, I finally got into my reserved car. Brand new, 48 miles on the clock Altima! I was so happy not to get some beater rental, I was smiling the whole way home.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Finally got an offer from the insurance company evaluating my motorcycle. I'm getting about 33% more than what I paid for it a year and a half ago.

I haven't even finalized injury settlement or the cost of my gear with them, that'll be a handful more on top of it. :c00l:

It rocks because I was trying to find it in me to downsize and sell this bike anyway (I have one other one that I've been neglecting, and is already more than enough to get around the city on), and aside from sliding around in the street in traffic this was way more profitable than a regular private sale would have been.

sirbeefalot has a new favorite as of 02:19 on Feb 25, 2012

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Just found out I get to drive to Big Bear with the donation collector we built for the parks service. I'm sure it'll be all business and I'll be told Monday to get back asap, but I think I'll bring a swimsuit anyway juuust in case the director was serious about her kayaking offer. :D

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Pulled the plug on my involvement in a really vague patented product design. Vague in the sense that I couldn't get anything in writing about getting paid for my time or having some kind of stake in the product when it was selling. It started out as a sort of peripheral project through work (friend of the boss), then slowly morphed into "don't work on this during work hours, do it on your own time." Never got anywhere in meetings, each time 10 new designs would be thrown out and then I'd get hounded for why there wasn't a full working prototype yet.

Handed over all the files today and said I didn't want to waste any more of my time. Sorry! tt

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Home early today for this hosed up middle of the week holiday tomorrow, and I rode my bike home for the first time in a while. I can barely walk up stairs, but it feels good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
My day is going to be awesome because I've decided not to look at Facebook all day and inevitably un-friend several people as the political vitriol boils over during the day. Also I'll be bicycling home today which always feels great!