Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
divide by zero
Jun 5, 2007
how do I lurked moar.

PantsBandit posted:

yelling at an elderly woman across a comically oversized table.

While loud whistle music plays over their voices. Can't forget that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
This is amazing so far. York's voice actor is even using similar inflections to Agent Cooper. The giant table breakfast scene is classic.

Psycho Serum
Apr 28, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So is York actually an FBI agent? I mean is that badge real? Because he seems less 'trained law enforcement' and more "deranged, murderous hobo with an X-Files obsession'

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Psycho Serum posted:

So is York actually an FBI agent? I mean is that badge real? Because he seems less 'trained law enforcement' and more "deranged, murderous hobo with an X-Files obsession'

Haven't you played Condemned 2? The two aren't mutually exclusive y'know.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Psycho Serum posted:

He seems pretty normal so far. I'm hoping to see upside down yoga and Tibetan clairvoyance before this story plays out.

Anyone else think York looks like a handsome Albert Rosenfield?

supergreatfriend
Oct 16, 2008

ask me about
COFFEE

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What's the rule on plot spoilers in this thread?

Please, no spoilers, even if they're tagged. I really like how this game wraps up, and like most mysteries it's better if the ending isn't known beforehand.

bbcisdabomb posted:

Well, the good news is it looks like the soundtrack isn't being sold so I can host it. The other good news is I found a copy. The bad news is I read the song names have spoilers and I don't want to spoil myself.

So I ask any of the OPs - Do I post the entire .zip here or should I host the tracks individually and let one of you release them with the videos? I did the same for the Gitaroo Man LP and I'd be happy to do it again. Either way I'll throw up the full .zip.

You're correct, there are are a couple big spoilers to be found in the song names. I'd like the second option, where tracks are released individually when they appear in the game.

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.

Chas McGill posted:

He seems pretty normal so far. I'm hoping to see upside down yoga and Tibetan clairvoyance before this story plays out.

Hey, I love Coop too, but I think F K in the coffee might even out-weird throwing rocks at bottles in the woods when it comes to solving murders.

It really is amazing how many Twin Peaks references/influences have already popped up in just 2 videos. I was half expecting Annie's dad to come dancing in when York was talking to the mom.

By the way I was wondering... is the blind-run crew going to just basically ignore the whole thread? Since it looks like SGF is already way ahead of them, it's gonna pretty much be nothing but spoilers, right?

Annoying Assassin
Jun 20, 2010

divide by zero posted:

While loud whistle music plays over their voices. Can't forget that.

That's the real reason Polly couldn't hear him.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Bonsai Superstar posted:

Hey, I love Coop too, but I think F K in the coffee might even out-weird throwing rocks at bottles in the woods when it comes to solving murders.

No weirder than getting advice from a giant in exchange for your ring. Sallie and Leland Palmer would make the best dance couple though, no doubt about it.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
Hey SGF, could I get regular old YouTube links to the updates? I have a slow day at work and don't want to watch giant full-screen-ish videos in front of coworkers.

Also, it's nice to be able to view this on the iPhone, since I'm a big iPhone dork.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

slowbeef posted:

Hey SGF, could I get regular old YouTube links to the updates? I have a slow day at work and don't want to watch giant full-screen-ish videos in front of coworkers.

Also, it's nice to be able to view this on the iPhone, since I'm a big iPhone dork.
You can just double-click on the player to open the original youtube page.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15
No deer hunting? No meats? :(

Wait... isn't that whistle the grassland theme from Super Mario World?

splendidninja
Jul 15, 2009

What the hell is that wriggling piece of plywood!?

Annoying Assassin posted:

That's the real reason Polly couldn't hear him.

I honestly thought that York was going to ask her to turn the music down at some point.

After watching these videos, I'm already sad that this game is only on the 360 :saddowns: It looks really fun and interesting. I'll definitely be following this thread closely (and living vicariously through it).

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This is a real game?
I thought it was some sort of prank.
Colour me surprised.

supergreatfriend
Oct 16, 2008

ask me about
COFFEE
Here are the direct links to the Youtube videos:

p.1 (1/3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFpYKx9m3NU
*Might be NSFW? I didn't really think about it until now.*

p.1 (2/3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCDYVP-YXyw

p.1 (3/3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65jj6iGY6A

p.2 (1/3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7fOERknxOA

p.2 (2/3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnS1R14XWh4

p.2 (3/3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8ucKVNazY8

While I'm posting this, I should ask what people think of the Youtube videos being embedded in a page, at full 720p size. Is that preferable over just having the direct links?

Bonsai Superstar posted:

By the way I was wondering... is the blind-run crew going to just basically ignore the whole thread? Since it looks like SGF is already way ahead of them, it's gonna pretty much be nothing but spoilers, right?

It's hard to say at this point who's going to be ahead of who. After getting the police car the game becomes non-linear, and going to Anna's house isn't mandatory at all. The game tells you to go directly to the police station as that's where the next plot checkpoint is. I'll be doing a number of things before I go there, but Rhinoceraptor's crew might go directly there. In that case, they'd be ahead of me. Because Rhinoceraptor's crew are playing through it for the first time though, I would ask not to mention plot points that they haven't encountered yet.

Dectilon posted:

On the other hand... no Kimberly.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

What you have for Blip is fine. I'd say just have direct links for the Youtube videos instead.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Dectilon posted:

Wait... isn't that whistle the grassland theme from Super Mario World?

No incestuous alien-thing fathers, either? :(

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
The blip videos screwed up for me a few times, in the middle of the video, so I like using the YouTube videos.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

supergreatfriend posted:

While I'm posting this, I should ask what people think of the Youtube videos being embedded in a page, at full 720p size. Is that preferable over just having the direct links?

I was pretty stumped at first (and my screen max width is 1200), but it wasn't as bad as i first thought. Just put the direct link to the video below the embedded, or maybe in a list at the top of the page for those who want to watch it on the native site.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
This is seriously one of my favorite games of the year. There are a ton of games designed way better, but this is the one that I'll remember for a long time. It's the first game I actually bothered to 100% in a long time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You know, if I were a protagonist in a video game the temptation to be a lazy rear end in a top hat and stick the player with all the dirty work of remembering everyone's names and keeping track of my schedule would be nigh-on overwhelming.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
There are few games that I am insanely fond of. Deadly Premonition is one of them. With so many LPs of it out there comprised of people mocking it and putting it down, I'm so glad to see an LP of someone treating it with the respect it deserves. (Yes, I am serious)

SuperGreatFriend, you should see if you could get Swery to somehow be involved in the LP. :3: He's the sweetest guy and would probably do it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So...when I download the video and try to start it, Quicktime says it found a "bad public movie atom" and won't play. Is that happening to anyone else?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lotish posted:

So...when I download the video and try to start it, Quicktime says it found a "bad public movie atom" and won't play. Is that happening to anyone else?

I get the same error, but why would you want to use quicktime? Just get vlc, or media player classic or something.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
There is so much to this game that I liked, and so much that I didn't like. The LP is looking good so far, so I'll be sticking around.

More Brains
Sep 5, 2007
Send... more... paramedics.
^^^ Yeah it says it for me too.^^^

I am getting strong Naked Lunch vibes everytime the saxaphone music starts and that is awesome.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Wanamingo posted:

I get the same error, but why would you want to use quicktime? Just get vlc, or media player classic or something.

Yeah, I got VLC, but it's not what the computer wants to use as a default. It works for VLC just fine, though, so it must just be my copy of Quicktime.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"
Those videos have a great sense of absurd humour but it doesn't look like much of a video game. It's charming all the same.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I used MPC with the latest Combined Community Codec Pack and I had no problems. May be worth trying that out.

A Perfect Twist posted:

Those videos have a great sense of absurd humour but it doesn't look like much of a video game. It's charming all the same.

I think your enjoyment of the game goes up in relation to your love of the absurd, the bizarre and Twin Peaks. I'm three for three in that regard, and I think I've seen or at least heard of most of the movies mentioned in York's asides,so this is pretty much my perfect game.

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Even if people did post spoilers it wouldn't make a lick of difference in my mind. The game takes so many twists by the end it fries your brain and makes you unable to comprehend it fully. Trying to explain it would just not work.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

splendidninja posted:

I honestly thought that York was going to ask her to turn the music down at some point.

After watching these videos, I'm already sad that this game is only on the 360 :saddowns: It looks really fun and interesting. I'll definitely be following this thread closely (and living vicariously through it).

I watched most of Giant Bomb's Endurance Run of this game. The game is so weird that I got the import version for PS3 (Red Seed Profile). If you get this make sure you get the Asian version, not the Japanese version. The Asian version has all the English voice acting. But thats the only thing in English as the menus, map notes, and item info is in Japanese.

If you are looking to import this for the PS3 look for this cover:

This one is the all Japanese Version:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Supergreatfriend, I have only one request for you for this LP:

Never. Shave. York.

York is a god amongst men, and York's beard is a god amongst beards.

ScotchDK
Aug 14, 2008

mmmh, smooth...
I love the little jingle it make when you solve a side-quest. It's like a bizzaro version of the Zelda sound when you solve a puzzle.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
"Our hero, Agent AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
AAAHHH AGENT YORK YOU'RE A CREATURE.
NO, STOP IT AGENT YORK!!!!"

Lowtax reviewed this game. And it made me want to play it more than anything in the world. :allears:

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Oh yay!
Delighted to see this LP. More delighted that it arrived three weeks after the game came out in the UK, thus leaving me without the moral dilemma of spoiling myself by watching it.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
So by never shaving do you eventually get some Alan Moore-esque beard?

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15

Camel Pimp posted:

So by never shaving do you eventually get some Alan Moore-esque beard?

I like your example. I imagine Alan Moore likes to talk to himself too.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
This game is freaking me the gently caress out. I feel like the development of the game is probably just as inexplicably strange as the actual narrative.

I'm going to ask my next cup of gas station crapuccino what my future holds.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Oh my god, it's finally here! This is the best christmas ever. Thanks for doing this SGF, I all kinds of love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihil
Mar 24, 2008
I have had Deadly Premonition since the day it came out and for some reason I've never beaten it. SGF, I loved your ILLBLEED LP, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how you handle this one.