Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

Thank you SGF for doing this game. My friends and I just finished our first play-through last weekend and we all sincerely loved it. When I saw the OP appear on the front page I was thrilled and when I saw your name attached I was over the moon. I really loved the care and attention you paied Illbleed and D in your previous threads and I'll hungrily consume this one as well... and you guys playing the blind run? Brilliant. Welcome to the party ^^

I know this post isn't really rich in content, so I'll provide a link to one of the most comprehensive and awesome DP sites I've found. Don't worry, they post warnings for spoilers. Planet Redwood: http://planetredwood.webs.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

My prediction is that no one will be disappointed.

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

When I played I've only ever once found myself outside during Zombietime. Those dogs scared the tar out of me.

Thanks for giving this game all the love it deserves, SGF. The latest vid inspired me:

And I think Thomas is cool enough to justify two sprites right? Maybe?

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

SuperGraffiti posted:

Wow! You got a higher resolution version of this? :3:

Not a problem!

Click here for the full 1440x930 image.

and cut for widescreen:
https://wi.somethingawful.com/ee/ee6a626a74764f5e520be4516b3225b076d4964a.jpg

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

Subject Tangerine posted:

The idea of York riding a horse made me laugh, I couldn't resist drawing it.

That is a well drawn horse with very sad eyes. I'm sure it's because of the darts.

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

Just a general word to the wise... if you want to avoid spoilers, do NOT go looking for fan art. Spoilers are rampant and often on the first page of results in searches.

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

I love that you're trying on all the suits. When I played the game with my friends, the Rainy Stripe suit was our favorite. We called it our "business suit" and changed into it when we though we were going to have to get our hands dirty. Looking forward to the next bits of LP... and I think Twin Peaks spoilers should be blacked out. This game got me into twin peaks and I would have been very upset if it was spoiled for me before I knew i'd love it so much. The good news is that although it's got a lot of the same veneer, DP and TP are not match per match. Heavily influenced, obviously, but they deviate quite a bit when you get deeper into the mystery.

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

Yes Henning was part of a previous incarnation of Deadly Premonition. I heard in an interview that the first Rainy Woods was really far along in development before they had a mishap, then they reworked it into Deadly Premonition with different financiers I believe(?), changing a lot of the characters and the name. It's been a while since I heard the interview. I'd post it here but it is also rife with spoilers. If you want to check it out it's the first link on this page http://planetredwood.webs.com/apps/links/

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

P.M.F. posted:

I'd really like to see this thing played.

Me too... Maybe we can enlist one of LPBot's factory fellows to come give us a good tour?

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

I have been waiting so long for the sinner's sandwich episode. With all your permission (especially our illustrious OP) I'd like to show you how it's done.

I have played and finished this game already. There is something remarkable about this game, it makes a show of being silly, but it's hiding a true inner depth that I know I was not expecting. I made a decision to believe everything York does is awesome, and therefore he can't be lying about this sandwich. I must try it for myself.

Enter the ingredients:

I read online that big pieces of turkey work better than coldcuts. One must trust those who have experienced it before... I just happened to have the rice chex laying around. I've seen several cereals mentioned, corn flakes seems to be most popular.
I also used preserves instead of jam.

Here is the finished product:

Time for the ultimate test

Verdict!

My first impression written upon tasting:
Sweet with a satisfying crunch! The jam overpowers the other flavors so any taste juxtaposition is nonexistent. The turkey breast comes in as a flavor finisher and makes the whole sandwich a hearty and satisfying experience. I give it an A++

So my postmortem on the Sinner's Sandwich? It's exactly what Deadly Premonition is: a little goofy to the passerby, an object of ridicule to those not brave enough to try it, and completely entertaining, enjoyable and satisfying for the privileged few willing to give it a chance. I love this sandwich and I love this game. Will definitely try both again and again!

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

Internet Janitor posted:

jameson9101322: Rice Chex, eh?

...and so my dark work begins.

I highly recommend this sandwich. Since trying it, I've made a half one every now and again as an afternoon snack. Mr. Stewart knows what he's talking about, at least when it comes to what really counts.

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

stormoftara posted:

I want to try to sinners sandwich. The only cereal I have right now is Cheerios and Fruit Loops, which one would be better?

I'd suggest Cheerios to start, personally.... but then I want you to try it with fruit loops and report back! :)

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

The honey taste must have put a spin on things... The Chex I used had no flavor of their own really, so they just added the crunch. I'm sure other plain cereals would pull the same, but it's good to experiment with variety, too!

And re:Shattered Memories, I hated the combat sections fiercely. It'd been better if they weren't all the same and if they weren't all mazes. I got so frustrated that it wasn't scary or fun, and it might have been the way I was sitting with the wii-mote, but if I ever got a guy on my left side I was doomed. I could get them off the back and I could get them off the front and the right but no matter how much flailing I did on the left I'd go down like a mangy dog.

No combat in DP could go two ways - without it would have made for a very interesting variation... the combat sections could be more strategy than shooter with more room for puzzles which would have been SO much fun. It also would have made the Raincoat Killer QTE sequences make more sense since we run from him instead of beating him to death with a wrench. On the other hand, some of the unlockable weapons in this game are hilarious and some of the gunning sequences we've yet to encounter are heavily reliant on distance.

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

scorpiobean posted:

Man it's been nagging at me for awhile, but I finally figured out who Anna reminded me of.

Is it just me?

Maybe a little bit? In the nose? Maybe if we paled her up and gave her horse teeth it would strengthen the likeness

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

We won't know who the killer is until he's the last man standing.

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

There's always keeptube for all your youtube downloading neads

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

Rainy Stripe Because it's both SGF and my favorite and as far as I'm concerned, we're the only two opinions that count.

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

Thanks again SGF for doing this game the justice it has always deserved. I can think of no one finer to make an LP of the game as satisfying as playing it myself.

When you fight Kaysen it looks like chump change, but I just wanted to say that with only the default handgun and half a bar of health like I had... this fight was a bear. It took me hours... that's what I get for not doing all the sidequests, I was simply too wrapped up in the story to bother poking into anyone else's business.

I love York and Zach as separate but equal entities - like brothers from parallel universes. I love that they disagree on things even though they occupy the same Francis Morgan body, and that the kind of silly bro-fight they were having over Emily really WAS a bro-fight because they were both falling in love with her.

Also for those questioning Zach's eyes, google image search "iris injury" and you'll see some examples of irises going hazel after concussive damage like Zach received. You'll see a lot of other gross effects too, so the search is not for the squeamish.

I look forward to the Epilogue. Will you take Zach into one of the fights? Maybe briefly? I never did and I'm curious if they dropped all the congratulatory "Good jobs"

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

UR1S posted:

I'd be disappointed if that chart that someone posted of Swery's cosmology wasn't somehow presented in the epilogue, as it does answer a lot of questions.

I agree with all you said, and in the epilogue or not that chart is Sweary explaining the paranormal shift of this universe, so as far as most are concerned it's the official interpretation either way.

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

Real-world application: My mother and my Uncle both go by their middle names, it's how they were raised. Their first names are family names, given out of respect but not really what my Grandparents wanted to call their kids daily. Perhaps the Morgan family does the same thing.

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

http://www.deviantart.com/download/198761976/evil_out____by_jameson9101322-d3ac5q0.jpg
And I posted a wallpaper size too if you wanted to archive that - up to you
http://www.deviantart.com/download/206755603/dp_evilout_wp_by_jameson9101322-d3f3hn7.jpg

Thanks again for this LP, it let me fall in love with this game all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jameson9101322
Feb 21, 2010

Drink every time the voice actors are drowned out by the other audio.

And drink every time the weather doll appears on the loading screen before you complete Emily's sidequest... because I was so confused.