Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

I Left My Heart in Stamford Bridge
The child melting goodness of SHADOW THE FINAL DESTROYER will take some beating but I'm looking forward to this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

I'm loving this so far, it's bizarre and random but has something there to tease you with, in terms of the bigger mystery. I'm half tempted to go out and buy this for myself.

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

For those having trouble with youtube, you might need to pause Adblock when watching them. I've had the same problem before on other vids and that has always been the culprit.

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

I actually have, by people who feel they are superior to everyone else. Mainly people in middle management, FYI.

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

Euro? Where on earth did you find a copy. I've scoured Dublin with no luck.

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

As nuts as this game is, I really do like seeing the more human stories of the characters in it. It makes them appear to be actual people instead of just cardboard cutouts.

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

Noxville posted:

He's doing a 100% run and making sure that we see 100% of it, and redoing those combat sections is the only way to get all the trading cards.

That's my feeling as well.

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

Kerrrrrrr posted:

So, let's see what we've got so far. (I'll try my darndest to not spoil anything, and just go off what we've seen in the LP)

We've got the Shadows: spirits of dead people, either zombies or ghosts, not really clear. Figments of York's imagination? Or only he can see them? They're most likely victims of past events at the Spiritual Map areas, but what they're doing in the most recent murder victims' house/lumber mill/hospital/gallery etc., is unclear. Purple blood for some reason.

Red vines everywhere: pretty obviously linked to the red seeds, seem to move of their own accord.

Red seeds, red trees: Something is up with these. Supernatural? Chemical? Trees found in the graveyard, and outside George's house. Roots may be spread much farther. Giant pink tree by the community center, dunno if that's related. (I always thought it looked like it was on fire.)

Purple fog: So far no explanation and barely even a mention. My own theory is this is given off from the roots of the red trees, and is possibly how the Shadows are formed/raised. Might also make people crazy (like the Hand Tree in the Lumber Mill made York crazy if you took too long), may be why Harry wears a gas mask (he was the one who mentioned the fog at the town meeting).

Giant hell dogs: these are scary. We've seen smaller versions as the stray dogs near the bones, maybe they're affected by the purple fog at night time, maybe they ate some red seeds and hulk out after midnight?

Raincoat killer: pretty heavily connected to the red seeds somehow. Maybe eats them and hulks out, he's obviously pretty strong, glowy eyes and poo poo. Glowing tattoo/scar on his back?

Upside down peace sign: similar to the position Anna and Becky were found in, Diane's big tree sculpture (don't forget all the paintings of trees in the gallery), and the little sapling Kaysen gave us (which I don't think York has watered at all, so inconsiderate.)

Kaysen: apparently travels around and sells the red saplings. Why? Probably a good market for them, given the rumors about them and such. Hmm.

For some reason I wound up reading this to the tune of We Didn't Start The Fire.

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

You're going to stove their heads in with a guitar! I think that's a pretty reasonable scenario for you to be labelled an arsehole.

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

Agent. Ya gotta go with what brought you to the dance in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

Well. That was quite a ride. Thanks for a wonderful LP supergreatfriend and I doff my cap to all you fantastically talented people who created fanstuff.