Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/talks_michael/status/1760602939758874715

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Barney Ronay is out of control. This is, somehow, the opening of an article about football:

quote:

The Middle-Aged Serial Action Murder Epic has been one of the most popular movie types of the last 50 years. These films tend to have the same basic setup, which is middle-aged men repeatedly murdering the thing they’re anxious about.

For many years this was simply Nazis. A group of men, occasionally disguised in Nazi uniforms – nuance: fear that deep down they actually are Nazis – slaughter thousands of endlessly replicating Nazi soldiers and everyone feels good about this.

The Taken films were popular because they showed a middle-aged man repeatedly murdering his own feelings of no longer being useful. Liam Neeson dramatised brilliantly the sense that while you, a middle-aged man, may spend your time driving around sombrely in a family estate car, you are still utterly vital to the correct functioning of the world because nobody else out there knows how to stack the dishwasher properly or seal a leaking shower tray; that we are only ever a second away from a tearful life or death call because no one else has your very specific set of skills on how to restart the wifi router (“Listen carefully to what I’m about to say … ”).

In recent years Jason Statham has dominated the genre. Statham’s key skill is murdering the alarming and indeterminate future, as represented on screen by yacht-dwelling international power-brokers and their slick and flashy goons. But really this is global elites, modernity, Ulez cameras, the cash-free economy, new lightbulbs, stuff that means you can’t get anyone on the phone any more but have to download an app.

By contrast Statham is analogue, petrol-driven, bald but still ripped and handsome. Often he’s called things like The Roofer or The Tiler. In his latest film he’s The Beekeeper. He has a workshop where he makes things with his hands. His mission is to murder a whiney douchebag crypto bro who’s making the world worse by harvesting data or some internet poo poo. Statham shoots him in the head in front of his mother.

A bit earlier he also encounters another younger beekeeper (“So, you’re my replacement”) who is glamorous, female and dressed in purple (optics: woke), and briefly it seems like a mouthwatering new adversary has arrived. But she’s only on screen for two minutes before Statham throws her against a petrol pump and burns her to death. Statham is murdering the future. So men can still have sheds. And this feels good.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I wonder how insufferable he is irl

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Waiting patiently for the build up to the end where he links it to idk Chelsea's transfer policy and then just doesn't. Lmao

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Butterfly Valley posted:

I wonder how insufferable he is irl

Turn off your monitor and all will be revealed

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Harry Kane

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He's just reposted some poo poo from a whatsapp group hasn't he. Awful.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Jordan Genderson is much neater. Just sloppy work all round

Also 77 likes lmao. Turns out calling radio presenters nonces on twitter is not the lucrative side gig it appeared to be

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

As a connoisseur of rivals.com-style puns that's a very poor effort although Jude Bellinghomosexual made me chuckle with how lazy it is

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shrapnig posted:

As a connoisseur of rivals.com-style puns that's a very poor effort although Jude Bellinghomosexual made me chuckle with how lazy it is

Luka BLModric

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This but it's announcing Jordan Henderson in the squad for the Euros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtllWIiOTuA

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

I appreciate the simplicity of Gaymar Jr. but that's about it

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Imagining someone crying with laughter reading these and sharing it with all their friends, red faced and cackling. Actual dog brained stuff.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

Jordan Genderson is much neater. Just sloppy work all round

Also 77 likes lmao. Turns out calling radio presenters nonces on twitter is not the lucrative side gig it appeared to be

I had to go back and check who posted it, jesus wept

Why couldn't he just slip slowly towards wandering the streets in an open dressing gown and trying to involve himself in an active manhunt, like a normal person having a mental breakdown

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Harry Kane

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

The famously woke sentiment 'ACAB'

Whats Panit Xhaka? Something on pansexuality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1776508560899281150?t=DWrZi5pnhFF4FIAM98MYPw&s=19