Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Champion's League to championship is going strong clearly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'd unironically love the England world cup bid to have claimed copyright on football.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Alan Smith? :shepface:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That very last one has to be someone making fun of his Liverpool supporting mates

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The first half makes sense and the fact that the league is so open means the second half isn't entirely unjustified. Having said that he is a massive dick for even suggesting we should get into Europe.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So every female celebrity who does a photoshoot for publicity is never allowed to claim people are being sexist?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I like his apparent belief we have freedom of speech

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Shegetz posted:

Yossi and Big Tal loaned to Sunderland on Big Wages just to ruin this guys day please.

Ben Haim would probably be banned for life if he played us in a derby match considering how bad he was last time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

ABRAMOVICH JUST PAY 50MILLION, WHATS 13M IN THIS DAY IN AGE For gods SAKE!

TORRES AND DROGBA. CAN'T WAIT!

LEAGUE WILL BE WRAPPED UP WHEN WE BEAT MANU HOME AND AWAY!

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Only £13m come on Abramovich

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwyW_gWL0Yc

The best show of solidarity

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bacon of the Sea posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Vieira

Noticed this during the Man City vs Notts County game in question. Somehow or other Man City fans seemed to know not only the final score, that Vieira scored both goals and how the press/pundits would react.

Ten minutes later Tevez scored to make it 3-0.

quote:

It has also been said the person who edited this article within 30 seconds of the match ending is a loser.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ronaldo never showed up in big games at all

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Don't be daft, the Ronaldo hair forehead protector

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

On here everyone was making a lot of sense and suffering abuse from people who hadn't been watching Liverpool play (here's a hint, they were utter utter poo poo).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How loving old is that?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

We also get a bank holiday out of it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

While I know you linked to the comments section, Louise Taylor's articles are almost always awful

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

loving lol. Where did that come from?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its genius, I just wonder where it was posted

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I avoid all fan forums because I assume they're awful. So glad this thread has the best posts from them

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol, there is not liking him and then there is that. I don't even really get why anyone who doesn't support a team he has managed would really care much about him. Its not like he was in the media loads slating everyone. Well except Fat Sam but who honestly gives a poo poo?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

All fans are as bad as each other. But scousers are still worst.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

There is so much wrong with that its incredible

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Was that from the F365 mailbox? Lots of people laughing at it in the one after

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The UK has no ruling over say a 17 year old having sex with a 15 year old, but I think in most cases the parents probably wouldn't report the 17 year old to the police. Having said that, if you're over 18 and in a position of trust its always illegal if the other person is under 18.

Also those posts are loving shocking and the age of consent in another country should have absolutely no bearing on any case here.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wasn't it Kranjcar who got injured not Modric before we played them?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm guessing that was a Chelsea supporter?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You're perfectly happy with the first decent kid who might qualify for Ireland as well as NI though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It also doesn't show number of tackles made

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I got as far as the first sentence and just didn't bother reading the rest

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Wales: Officially not as good as San Marino.

All I take from that is Messi = poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its probably better for the finance thread but it boggles the mind so much and IBP has posted so much Ridsdale poo poo that I'm sticking it here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/18/tiki-taka-peter-reid-sacked

Sacked for selling a loving runners up medal to help try and pay the rest of the staff who haven't been paid.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

Not sure what I find funnier, the idea that Hargreaves feigned injury or that he thought he'd get a good contract out of it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sir Oliver Popplewell posted:

Sir, Many years ago I had the responsibility of conducting a public inquiry into the fire at Bradford City FC. I was also concerned with the riot at Heysel Stadium, Belgium, caused by Liverpool football fans. Both these events were no less tragic than the events at Hillsborough ("Hillsborough families say papers must be released", Oct 18).

'The citizens of Bradford behaved with quiet dignity and great courage. They did not harbour conspiracy theories. They did not seek endless further inquiries. They buried their dead, comforted the bereaved and succoured the injured. They organised a sensible compensation scheme and moved on.

'Is there, perhaps, a lesson there for the Hillsborough campaigners?

:ughh:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

T. Finn posted:

Odd that an establishment figure came out with that utter garbage as the establishment's cover up of what happened at Hillsborough is now finally being brought to light. I'm actually thrilled that he wrote that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/20/bradford-disaster-attacks-judge-hillsborough

Someone unfortunate enough to be at both the Bradford fire and Hillsborough isn't too impressed with him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

was that ref Tom Henning Øvrebø in disguise?

A mate on facebook. He has similar posts crying about the ref. There was one definite red card and one which could have gone either way. Chelsea fans should just be happy their loss and massive card pile up wasn't the worst result of the day.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Chuggo posted:

There's only one conclusion that needs to be drawn from yesterday - £500m will guarantee any club success in football. It's just a shame it has taken the footballing authorities so long to recognise this as cheating.

It amazes me that the media (including yourselves) are so pleased about Man City's predictable success. If a 100m sprinter won gold and was later found to have been using performance enhancing drugs, would you admire him for how fast he ran? Man City are cheats, they're just benefitting from the fact that rules haven't been in place to punish their particular form of cheating until now.

The best kind of tears

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sebzilla posted:

I too believe that Newcastle United are going to take the Premier League crown this season.

I'm scared. Newcastle being good at defending isn't something I'm used to.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Well you see you stick players into the standard football manager 4-4-2 and if they all move no more than 10 yards from their starting position it'll function perfectly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Time to change the icon We Forgot