Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Never has a post been in thread less suited for it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Mash posted:

Ignoring the terrible, terrible joke with racist connotations, the actual source picture itself is hilarious

I don't see how it has racist connotations?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is that Piers Morgan's face?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I don't even understand that one. Balo is a snake and bit him?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Abu Dave posted:

He's right. In fact the parts of America that people hate (rednecks) are actually mostly German rooted. The Germans when they migrated over to America where forced to live in the mountainous appalachain region and where dirt poor and angoraphobic and hated the rich white settlers, and the slaves who came and took their jobs. Read about it here.

Appalachia and other rednecks are actually mostly scotch-irish, as you'll see in your link. There are tons of people of German heritage though, especially in Texas.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

r/gunners is the absolute worst thing

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ahahaha holy poo poo that is amazing.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDaubsq3mGs

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Are the tweets themselves the bad posts? The compilation of them owns.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mickolution posted:

Is there a single one of those that is true?

Um, Clint "Deuce" Dempsey is an American Superstar and has been DOMINATING the premier league but i guess you just don't know about soccer.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I really can't believe any united fans honestly thought Ronaldo was coming back.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

WARNING: The Joe Hart computer virus is now spreading on Twitter, do not download it, as you won't be able to save anything.

this is actually pretty funny

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ahahahahaha what in the hell is this?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CisSTAR 19 posted:

How clever.

Where do you get all these awful posts?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

Suarez better than Neymar? lmao get back to me when Neymar has performed in a non-poo poo league.

Literally takes until #17 before a defender or goalkeeper appears.

What a great list.

Umm I've done a Wikipedia search for "Luis Suarez", whoever that is, and it says right here that he doesn't even play for Barcelona, which is mes que una club. Plus, he plays for some country called Uruguay, which gas no history and. is probably in the Middle East or something. And you can't counter my devastating arguments, so fly away, troll.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is amazing

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blue Screen Error posted:

Dutch 9 false pivot guy is back

This is how Old English reads if you translate it directly into modern English.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

welp, Arsenal kept the moral high ground for two whole days.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is absolutely amazing.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NinjaSteve posted:

He's got a point.

Why doesn't he just support all the teams? He's missing out.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NinjaSteve posted:

Because West Ham or St. Pauli are never going to win anything of importance?

Yeah but he's covered if they do.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Not even close to the right thread

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoo man, that's a bad post.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Stoke fans hating Ramsey is one of the most bizarre things in sports. He's barely ever said anything in public about the circumstances surrounding his leg break, much less lead the anti-stoke smear campaign they've imagined.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnac posted:

Lol aren't they walking the league by like 30 points?

Gotta make the league interesting somehow, I guess.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
My dad is a lawyer and thinks because Liverpool has breached Suarez' contract he can legally switch to Arsenal for FREE. #FreeSuarez

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

This guy should troll a bit more cleverly imo.

Right thread.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

If this were a gif it'd be classic

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ephex posted:

Luvd, this isn't the Premiere League thread!

You can tell its not a Luvd post because it doesn't say olivier giroud is the worst striker ever.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hahaha this is incredible

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

Just lol if you don't think you fans do this

It's an exceptionally bad post that is worse than other bad posts tbh.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Below are the teams that Arsenal have yet to mathematically eliminate and are the only remaining challengers to Champions League Qualification
Team Matches Played Magic # % of remaining points needed to guarantee finishing ahead
Everton 31 18 95%
Tottenham 32 11 58%
Manchester United 32 9 47%
Southampton 32 3 16%
Newcastle 32 1 5%
Notes
Magic number and methodology are explained below
We've almost eliminated Newcastle. If they win out and we lose out, we will finish tied with them. (Not happening)
All we need to do is win one more game, or Southampton to lose one game to guarantee finishing ahead of them
Any combination of 3 with Arsenal wins or Manchester United losses will insure finishing ahead of United
The Tottenham magic number is 11. This means that St. Totteringham's day can be as early as in 2 matchdays. (A potential of 6 Magic Number points lost per matchday x2 matchdays will eliminate Sp*rs) Although they play Sunderland and West Brom next.
Everton are by far our biggest foes. This makes next weeks match one of the most important of the season. A win against them would drop their magic number from 18 to 12 and probably insure Champions League Qualification.
Magic Number Explained
Magic Number = Future Arsenal Points + Future Opponent Points Conceded that will ensure Arsenal finishing ahead of them
When the Magic Number = 0, it is mathematically impossible for the opponent to finish ahead of Arsenal. (If you look at Tottenham, this could be used as the St. Totteringham's Day Countdown)
ELI5: When the number drops to 0 Arsenal guarantee finishing ahead of that team. The number drops when Arsenal gain points and/or the team concedes points
Methodology
At the beginning of the season, every team has a potential of winning 38 games at 3 points/game = 114.
Adding one point ensures that when the magic number =0, it will result in finishing above rather than tied. So, for Arsenal, at the beginning of the season, their magic number for every team is 115. (114+1)
The magic number can never go up. Only down.
When Arsenal win 1 game (Let's say the first game is against Tottenham), they capture 3 points, making the threshold of finishing ahead of every team drop by 3 points. So now, Arsenal's magic number is 112. BUT, Tottenahm just conceded 3 points with the loss, meaning that the magic number for Spurs dropped an additional 3 points, meaning that the magic number for finishing ahead of Sp*rs is now 109. (This is where we get the phrase a "6 point game".
Congruently, if Arsenal draw, the magic number for every team drops by 1 (1 Arsenal point gained), if an opposing team draws, the magic number for them drops by 2 (2 points conceded). Throughout the season, these numbers keep dropping until there are 0 points which means it is impossible for that team to finish ahead of Arsenal. At the end of the season, if a team still has points, it means they finished ahead of Arsenal.
Final Equation = 115 - (Arsenal Points) - (Points conceded by the opposition)

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Yeah I did a literal lol at this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheBigAristotle posted:

I know it's April 1st and all, but I would believe this on any other day of the year

It's a hell of a lot cooler than all the other nonsense they pulled.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
What about our national identity is weird? Not really disputing anything I'm just not sure I'm following the conversation.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Think back on it and tell me saying the Pledge of Allegiance every morning in school isn't weird.

Or do they still do that in court as well?

Okay I thought that's what we were getting at, but I wasn't sure.

Anyway, it's because we were less exposed to post WWI far-right nationalism and were able to swoop in at the end and kick some rear end.

And I don't think they ever said the pledge of allegiance in court?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Paperhouse posted:

Imagine Don Juan Mata, his first touch is gentle, subtle, soft, romantic. He is the greatest lover of all time, with the most delicate of touches (no homo). And so he controls the ball with ease, immediately ready to flow into his next move, even when the pass has a lot of pace on it.

Imagine the rapist, his first touch is rough, heavy, hard, brutal. He fiercely forces himself upon women, with a very hard and strong first touch. And so he controls the ball with difficulty, often having to use his next move to get it properly under control, especially when the pass has a lot of pace on it.

Ironically, if you want to get the woman under control then the first touch of a rapist would be the preference. For that reason I do not like the term, getting the woman under control and getting the ball under control are two different things. With the ball one must be gentle, subtle, soft and romantic but with the woman one must be rough, heavy, hard and brutal.

:stare:

Oh my god