Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL
Here something near my parents farm in North (middle of nowhere) Florida:

http://goo.gl/maps/L1vV

Zoom in and there are aircraft outlines, hulks of trucks, and other things to shoot at. They do fire live ordinance at the site.

Its called the Pinecastle Impact Range.

We can hear jets all the time, I haven't been there Tuesday and Thursday near enough the site to hear the ordinance going off. In the metropolis of Shockley Heights I am told you can hear it. :911:

Here is a scorecard, for those who are playing at home:

Click here for the full 900x600 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Retarded Pimp posted:

^^
That's pretty cool.

What's this squarish target thing by the American Canyon Public Works?
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=29.118012,-81.713777&spn=0.020171,0.037336&t=h&z=15

That in Florida. I posted more last page or two.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Fermunky posted:

Perhaps you're right about it being rusted metal, I did only see if from our boat about maybe 300-400 feet away. However, I do not think it is part of the old bridge. If you go to the SE a little bit, you'll see the fishing pier sticking out to the South/West of the current bridge. The fishing piers at both ends of the current bridge use to be the beginnings of the old bridge, which is a bit far away from the item I am posting about. Also, nice find on the Flickr photo. However, I may need to make another trip out on my friend's boat to get more photos. When you get a better view of it, it certainly looks like boat wreckage.

There are a lot of barges out there, the Egmont Key base was abandoned due to erosion, and some tanks floated away. I can ask some old salts what that is.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Fermunky posted:

This makes a little more sense. Don't know if I mentiond it, but we put in at Ft de Soto just to the west of there, so that would also make sense. Coincidentally, we were trying to get to Egmont Key this day, but 8 foot seas in a ~15 foot bowrider was not very fun.

I asked around, its been there for years only known as the mullet key shoal wreck. Its on the chart, as a hazard to navigation.

I did see a reference to the "John Smart" of Tampa a schooner from 1900 wrecked on that shoal.

Shipwrecks of Florida: A Comprehensive Listing By Steven D. Singer posted:

John Smart— Schooner, of Tampa, 17 tons, built in 1887, Captan Dolphin, wrecked on Mullet Key Shoal while fishing, Oct. 3,
1900, approximately 1-1/2 miles northwest of Egmont Key Light. A total loss.

The wreck is 1 1/2 miles Northwest of the old defunct Mullet Key Shoal Light. The whole shoal is more than five miles from the Egmont light house.

• Locked thread