Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

rcman50166 posted:

It's too bad. That looks like it could have been a nice amusement park. I have been to both Cedar Point and King's Island, I probably would have gone there too if it didn't close.

Did the lake feature rides or was open to swim in, cause that would be cool too.

Geauga Lake was a great park in many ways. It didn't have the same caliber or number of coasters as Cedar Point, but it had shorter lines and was like a 15-20 minute drive from many of the suburbs. One thing that was kind of awesome about Geauga Lake is that it was practically in the middle of a residential neighborhood. You'd be driving along this nice, wooded street, come around a corner, and - BAM - rollercoaster looming over your car.

The Cleveland area / Northeast Ohio must hold some kind of record for abandoned amusement parks. See also: Euclid Beach Park. For a really great documentary on a local landmark, one that you can enjoy even if you didn't grow up around the park, watch Euclid Beach Park is Closed for the Season, although I don't know how easy it is to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread