Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolute
Aug 2, 2007

we've got our peace of mind
The Gundam Unicorn BDs are pretty great looking. As for older stuff that have gotten the blu ray treatment, Wings of Honneamise is BEAUTIFUL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolute
Aug 2, 2007

Edge Zero posted:

Can anyone confirm that the US Casshern release is awful, or can I still hope to get it because maybe it's just that guys lovely player/TV?

I got it without reading any reviews because the show is great and it was half price. I noticed it didn't look as good as I thought it should, but considering you can get the whole series in a couple of nice boxes for ~$44 I wouldn't say its awful. It looks good enough and if I didn't know what I know now, I would've just thought I misremembered how good it looked.

Revolute
Aug 2, 2007

I got my copy last tuesday (always pre-order from Rightstuf) and it looks amazing. The menu is really nice and picture and sound are top notch. My only beef with it is that it uses horrible yellow subtitles that are hard to read because the backgrounds are always so bright. Good news is the dub is actually pretty good. The main character has the same voice as Dean Venture, which is awesome.

• Locked thread