Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Can't find a definite source for this, is Xam'd Bluray region locked or not? Some places say it is or say it's not, and I kinda want it.

2D Animation fits like a glove on bluray, I would get the eventual release of an Evangelion remastered boxset. When that show could, it looked amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Badly. If there's one thing I hate about bluray is the loving bland blue cases they come in.

Ok so for the most part we've established that most anime movies are going to come out looking amazing, but I've yet to see a good remaster of an OLD TV series. So I started hunting around and what did I find? A bluray remaster of Serial Experiments Lain

Ready to have your mind blown? (Check out 6 & 12 in particular)

01.) DVD | Bluray
02.) DVD | Bluray
03.) DVD | Bluray
04.) DVD | Bluray
05.) DVD | Bluray
06.) DVD | Bluray
07.) DVD | Bluray
08.) DVD | Bluray
09.) DVD | Bluray
10.) DVD | Bluray
11.) DVD | Bluray
12.) DVD | Bluray
13.) DVD | Bluray
14.) DVD | Bluray

THIS is exactly why you should be pissed off when a series doesn't get a good remaster. Jesus just look at how amazing it is. Are you seeing the same poo poo I'm seeing? Cause goddrat if it doesn't make me want to throw out my DVD collection and pick up a new set.

Unfortunately the Japanese release is the only version available and even if you're prepared to shell out $300 for it, it doesn't come with English subs.
Though it does include the dub for whatever reason. Still if it ever gets released for a reasonable price I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.
I....don't like it, the new lighting especially.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

bobomb posted:

You need to get your head checked. Night and day differences in quality. If anything the new lighting gives a better contrast like the chair in #10 or the PC's in #12.
There is a stark diference in quality, it's clearly a sharper image, no doubt on my mind, but I really don't like the new lighting in some scenes, like #10.
Don't know why, but it's not working for me.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Whats the word with Redline's bluray release? Isn't the movie done since, like, 2009?

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 9, 2011

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Redline finally got a release date; August 10 in Japan and September for UK

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I was thinking on getting a tv show on bluray and thought of Yu Yu Hakusho. Supposedly the transfer is pretty great, but what about the actual show? I've never seen it.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
So someone is releasing Bebop on bluray region2 in july, the few shots I found from the japanese edition look good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
cowboy bebop on bluray looks ahmahzing, the 3d stuff is kinda rough though, but everything else is just stellar to look at

• Locked thread