Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lenore03
Apr 22, 2010
The Eden of the East bluray is excellent, though Im not happy about the case it came in. Tekkon Kinkreet is pretty much the reason why you buy anime on bluray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lenore03
Apr 22, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

Can't find a definite source for this, is Xam'd Bluray region locked or not? Some places say it is or say it's not, and I kinda want it.

2D Animation fits like a glove on bluray, I would get the eventual release of an Evangelion remastered boxset. When that show could, it looked amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/Xamd-Collection-Artist-Not-Provided/dp/B003TX8QBU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1291436828&sr=1-2

If it was region free it would have the Region 'B' and 'C' as well as the 'A'. Unless you know about another localised release of the series. I too would snap this up in an instant if it wasnt locked.

Same with Michiko e Hatchin.

Lenore03
Apr 22, 2010
I think the fact they look the same is the point. When you upscale the DVD version to 1080p it looks exactly like the BD version, that's bad

Moribito is out on BD next month. Hope they do it right.
http://www.amazon.com/Moribito-Guardian-Spirit-Part-Blu-ray/dp/B004FK5E2A

Lenore03
Apr 22, 2010

Roflfox posted:

This would rule pretty loving hardcore, but PA was a Geneon title. I don't think I've ever heard anything about Funi even considering running a license rescue on it.

Plus it sold badly.

• Locked thread