Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Nate RFB posted:

I've always wanted to ask, but is there a reason the only Blu-rays produced for Gunbuster/Diebuster was of the compilation movie? I mean, if they could do that, why not for the full set of 12 episodes?
probably because they didn't want to make the gamble of shelling out to remaster the whole thing

however, for $35 or whatever it was, it is totally worth buying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Eej posted:

Those scenes were reanimated in the DVD release and it's kind of funny how the show goes from modern 2000's quality computer-assisted coloured animation to the old cels in the same conversation.

aaaaaaaaaah almost as bad as Ghost in the Shell 2.0

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
man, where the gently caress can I find a subbed copy of the DYRL blu-ray? i know that poo poo aint licensed

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Sakurazuka posted:

Google BakaBT, they have pretty much everything that's translated and not currently ongoing, (unless it's licensed by Funimation anyway).
thanks, got it. now all I need are the drat Mac 7 subs

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
okay why isn't there a US release of the Macross Plus bluray? I mean, they could put "STARING BREAKING BAD'S BRYAN CRANSTON" on the loving box for poo poo's sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

wielder posted:

Supposedly the only reason Macross Plus was ever released in the U.S. was some sort of loophole that saved the company involved from having to placate (read: pay off) Harmony Gold at time. I imagine that might not necessarily be the case right now, and you'd have to renegotiate everything to include BD rights anyway.
my understanding is that Harmony Gold doesn't have the distribution rights to Macross Plus (and other non-SDF/DYRL properties) pursuant to a Japanese court case that I haven't read. Harmony Gold did trademark the term "Macross" in the US, so that trademark would need to be licensed. Last I checked, shouldn't Manga Ent. still have the distribution rights? Surely they know a Macross Plus bluray would be a strong seller. From the screenshots I've seen of the BD rip, it looks amazing.

• Locked thread