Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
The Champloo set was one of the first anime I bought on Blu-ray. I ended up selling it back, not because of the quality of the disc, I just wasn't as impressed with the show as I thought I would be. There were a lot of complaints about the upscaling they did scrubbing some fine details out of shots, but overall I was pretty impressed with it. If nothing else, it means an upgrade in audio to 5.1, better subtitles and fewer discs.

Since then I've picked up Akira, Eva and Paprika, and they're all great. Clean 2D animation looks really fantastic in high def. I can't wait for the rest of the Ghibli catalogue to come out. Does anyone know what's taking them so long? If I was a big license holder, I'd be rushing out catalogue titles before someone gets off their rear end and invents a half-decent digital video distribution service a la steam or iTunes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
For anyone who's interested, Amazon has the first and second season of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on sale for $20 each, which is about a third less than the cheapest third party sellers or Rightstuf. I think they've had the first season at this price for a week or two, but I don't remember the second season being cut too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035LD7WO/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

I've never seen it, but I liked the first show so I went ahead and blind-bought em. Impressions in a couple days maybe.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Hmpf. I'm not going to cancel my order, but it's pretty hosed up they can get away with listing it as "1080p high definition (HD native)" on the product page when it's a big time upscale. I guess from now on I'll have to double check third parties on the internet to know what I'm buying.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Those look exactly the same to me. Isn't that better than whatever people were rioting about over the Samurai Champloo set?

• Locked thread