Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Anyone know how the QNIX QX2710 stands up next to the 27" competition? They seem awful cheap but quite popular

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Is the iiyama X2788QS any good? Seems to be going cheap. Not 144hz but ticks every other box so far as I can tell.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Anyone know if Hannspree monitors are usually ok? I see a £200 IPS 1440p 27" which is great but it also has 5ms response time - is ghosting likely to be noticeable at that rate?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
I see Hannspree HQ272s are going cheap. £200 for 1440p 27" IPS? Sign me up! One thing though: what is HS-IPS? Googling literally just gets me sales pages for the same monitors

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Lawl. So its bullshit. I actually got one but will probably just send it back without taking it out the box. Thanks!

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
27" HannSpree joker seems fine, but you cant adjust the angle its tilted at and it had a big fat shadowy patch in a corner when I turned it on. Will report on colour range when the new one arrives

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 21, 2018

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Sorry if this a dumb question, would a 32in 1440p screen have the same pixel density as a 27in 1440p? i.e.aoc Q3279VWF vs hannspree HQ272PPB

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Ok, the aoc only gets +25hz anyway and isnt ips. Hannspree it is (again)

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Got my HannSpree HannsG HQ272PPB (just realized that rhymes. Brand-tastic!) It's a bit tacky with a non-adjustable self-assembly metal stand and a power socket that makes it easy to not fully connect it, but otherwise I'm loving how roomy it is. One thing though, maybe this is a feature of all wider monitors or something, but the picture gets slightly darker towards the very edges. It's not completely hosed in one corner like the last one but it's like the viewing angle (178?) doesn't present clarity at the edges when you're looking on from the center, even when viewed in the dark. That normal?

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 2, 2018

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Just found a dead pixel. I've barely touched the thing and already one pixel's stuck in bright green mode near the top left corner, where the last version of the same monitor had a huge bruise. Not edifying for HannSpree. Not sure I can be bothered to return it at this point though, done that once already. At least this one's usable and only cost £188 shipped anyway.

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Palladium posted:

Same, except I'm looking at the 2017 TCL 4K 55" at $425, fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Bet that had no IPS/HDR/ 120+fps tho rite