Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

thylacine posted:

My U2311h has started doing this (imagine the pixels flashing.) Some colors make red pixels flash, and sometimes (someones avatar I didn't save does it) it creates a lines all the way across the screen. Fixable or RMA?

I'd just do the RMA. I just got a new U2412M that has hosed up blacks (they show as a deep red with vertical lines, no calibration will fix it) and the return process so far has been painless. In 2 days or so a new one will arrive in the mail with a prepaid return shipping slip for the original. It took 20 minutes on the phone to set everything in motion and the courier will come to my house to pick up the dud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

I had trouble with my first U2412M showing messed up blacks and gradients, they immediately shipped me a replacement and paid for free courier shipping to return the original. Customer service guys were great and they made sure by phone and email that I had been taken care of after my initial painless support call.

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

The Third Man posted:

I'm sure this has been done to death, but I'm looking at the U2412M and reading some negative comments from reviewers about the ghosting. Is it really noticeable during gaming, or only if I'm a hyper-sensitive twitch gamer? For reference, I tend to play a lot of Red Orchestra 2 and Eve online, so it's not faster stuff like CS or Quake 3.

Echoing what Dogen said, I've played a ton of games on a 2412 and have never once noticed ghosting or any other type of negative effect on visuals caused by the monitor. I would take the better colour reproduction of an IPS panel over the response time of even a high end 120hz TN panel 100% of the time.

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

movax posted:

Sorry to hear that much trouble. For a 2209WA RMA, I only had to call one number on a weekday during lunch, and I got it taken care of immediately. Just pulled up the order e-mail and threw every number listed on that at the customer service drone, and then he's like "alright, will 2-day ship you a new one!"

I did initially purchase that display from Dell Small Business though.

I bought my 2412 directly from Dell Canada, that's probably what made the RMA so painless.

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

They have at least a few of the monitors on sale pretty well every week, and they rotate the discounts frequently. I originally picked up my U2412 at $300 (25% off at the time), and the next time the U2711 goes on sale for around $750 I'm going to grab one of those too.

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

I have a question for anyone out there who might own a Dell u2412/u2312 AND one of the LED backlit HP 27" 2560x1440 monitors (HP ZR2740w). I currently have a Dell U2412 and I don't mind the anti glare coating at all, but I've heard the coating on the HP is even more aggressive. Can anyone confirm if this is true? If I don't even notice the AG on the Dell, would I notice it on the HP? I'd like to have the HP as my main monitor with the Dell as a secondary in portrait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

Martello posted:

1) I don't know, it's plugged into the top graphics card and into the back of the monitor, but when I select DisplayPort as the input with the monitor's hardware menu it says it's not plugged into anything.

2) Nothing about SLI shows up in the Nvidia Control Panel, only PhysiX.

Have you:
-Tried both cards individually in the first PCIE 16x slot to make sure the new one works?
-Tried starting up the pc with just the second card in the second PCIE 16x slot to make sure it was seated correctly/the slot is working?
-Tried a fresh install of the drivers (complete uninstall and reinstall)?
-Tried using the SLI bridge on the other set of connectors?

Other than all of those maybe check and see if you need to enable SLI in the BIOS.