Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Etrips posted:

It's what I am waiting for and I can't freaking wait. Only downside I can see is that you are going to need some beefy cards to run everything on pretty mode for games.

Do we have a price range for these models yet? I'm slightly scared to know. My next pc build us getting comped by work-related pretty sure I'm going to spend what the budget would have been on monitors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Etrips posted:

Speculation is in the $1200-1400.

So, uh, how many Amazon gift cards are you sitting on?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Etrips posted:

Haha right now $0. But we still got time to save up!

I mentioned building a new computer to my boss and have more or less been handed a blank check to expense the whole process. Hopefully the offer holds a few months.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

These days I put little sticky note over every blue LED in my room, and I had to unplug my PC hard drive lights, and use Flux for my monitor. Tough to keep a good "sleep hygiene" environment going.

My router, NAS, etc all have duct tape, my past few computers all haven't had their lights plugged in, and f.lux is the first thing I install on every computer I touch. I don't think a piece of software has touched my life the way f.lux did, I don't get the hate that it sometimes gets (if you're gaming or editing or whatever, just turn it off for an hour).

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdr...ce=impactradius

Anyone have one of these?