Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Hey everyone, I want to upgrade one of my monitors but I have a 970, so I need a true gsync monitor. Is the Asus PG279Q a generally well regarded monitor? They have it in stock at my local micro center and I'd rather not buy it online so I can return it if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

in all honesty this popped into my head as a solution as well. a used 1060 will be an upgrade and probably fits within the delta for teh gsync tax lol.

im not sure if its actually good advice :shrug:

I hadn't even really considered that as an option, but you're right. How's the Acer VG271U? I can pick that up along with a new 1660 super for the same price as the one I originally looked up.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

K8.0 posted:

very helpful post

I think I might just wait for the aforementioned "real good" LG 27GL850 to come in stock at my microcenter, I called them and they mentioned a first responder discount, which I would be able to use and I dont mind waiting for a gpu refresh and spending a bit more since its all trumpbux anyway.
Thanks for the help everyone!

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

Argona posted:

I think I might just wait for the aforementioned "real good" LG 27GL850 to come in stock at my microcenter, I called them and they mentioned a first responder discount, which I would be able to use and I dont mind waiting for a gpu refresh and spending a bit more since its all trumpbux anyway.
Thanks for the help everyone!

I ended up springing for that hp omen offer since it has the same panel, but then the 27GL83A was in stock, so i also got that. Hopefully they both come in around the same time so i can try both of them at the same time.

e: actually, does anyone have experience with how long it takes for an amazon preorder to turn into a an actual order? im doubting that the timing will match so I'll probably just end up returning the omen after a few trial days

Argona fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 26, 2020