Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
I really want to get a new monitor to go along with my current one, I don't want to spend more than $160 and won't go any less than 20". Reading this thread enlightened me a bit but I'm still slightly clueless.

These seem to be a pretty good one for the price, at least to me: here or this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.

smug forum rear end in a top hat posted:

What will you be using your monitor for primarily? What is the largest you are willing to go?

Well, I would game on it but none of the games I play on PC are fast-paced FPS type of games. It'd basically be for movies/games. As for largest? I'm not too sure, with the budget I'm going with it seems that it tops out at 22"-23" but I guess larger than that wouldn't be bad.

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
Alright, this one caught my eye because it's hugely on sale and it seems to be a pretty good monitor, would I have any trouble gaming or watching movies on this? http://www.amazon.com/HP-x22LED-21-5-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/tech-data/B0049P1V28/ref=de_a_smtd

I want to get one that is decent enough, but I don't pull the trigger until I research around a lot. (especially if I see one on the cheap)