Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So I'm not a 100% I'm in the right place, but figured if anyone would know it would be the fine folks in this thread.

Presently I'm gaming with my PS4 but I'm using a 22in Asus monitor. It's a wonderful piece of kit for me when ever I'm mobile or lazy, but I'm thinking I want to move up to like a real rear end TV size. I'm thinking my Cost range will be from 300-400 at the most hopefully. It's a PS4 so I doubt I'll ever need to go above 1080p. I really really want a display that can do colors really well as well as not be to "over bright". What I mean by that is my ASUS always seems way to bright, in games and stuff when setting contrast it's almost always the case that I can see both halves of whatever it's comparing for "if you can see this turn down the contrast/brightness!"

I honestly and truly have no idea where to start. I know what I want I think, but I keep finding like super new models and I really don't think those are going to be what I want. I would rather not pay extra for smart features or whatever new hotness if I don't have to. I've never owned a TV in my life and have spent my last 6 years I think with this monitor so I'm just sort of overwhelmed with trying to identify what it is I really need.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice, I really need it and do appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Ah man. Well thanks for the reference.