Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.
Well, now I'm torn. I was planning on buying the U2410 for $499, but this is pretty tempting. Besides the resolution difference, is there much else to distinguish the two monitors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.

DrDork posted:

There is quite a bit, in fact. How much of it matters is up to you to decide:

The U2410 has a wide-gamut, which tends to make colors "pop" a bit more and has more possible colors, but doesn't always line up perfectly with normal-gamut content. It also has 12b internal processing, and a poo poo-ton of adjustment options. None of which really applies to you unless you do a lot of content-creation and actually have use for it. For 95% of us, the only salient differences are that it's 1" larger, 120 pixels taller, and has a lot more inputs (DP, HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component, and Composite). It's also $300 more expensive, making it a really hard sell right now unless you need some of the specific features.

Thanks for the advice! I went with the U2311H. I don't do content creation or probably need all of the features of the U2410. The larger size and inputs would be be nice, but probably not $300 nice.