Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

Odette posted:

I'm saving up for a xb271hu, any idea when they'll be available to the general public? I know Acer's press release says NA/EMEA - Nov/Oct but I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

The XB271HU, PG279Q, and the G-sync version of the X34 were are all supposed to be available now or within the next week but none of them seem to be available, even for pre-order. Maybe the G-Sync module factory burned down or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

It's beginning to look like the pg279q and 271HU will have the same issues as the XB270. Is there any reason not to wait until the 270 goes on sale (Black Friday/cyber Monday?) and just hope I get a good one?

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

Has anyone heard anything about the status of the predator x34 recall recently? Or any word on any other g-sync high refresh rate ultra wides?

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

Just received my PG279Q a few hours ago, here's the short version

-No dead pixels
-Some black light bleed but not nearly as bad as I was afraid of (See pic below)
-Overclock to 165HZ is really easy and worked on the first try
-Speakers/usb/headphone jack all work as advertised
-Build and look of stand/panel housing is really good
-The image itself is the best I've ever seen and 165hz + Gsync is SMOOOOOTH
-Build date October 2015, purchased from newegg on 11/27.

Black light bleed. This is a screencap of a movie shot on an iPhone5. The 279Q is on the left, my old dell 2407FPW is on the right.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

My 13 year old dell 2407FPW which I was using as a second monitor went "pop" this morning. Literally, a resistor blew loudly enough that it startled me a little bit. Now I'm looking for 2x 27'' 1440p monitors to flank my main (and now only) monitor, a PG279Q. Since they're mostly going to be used for productivity and watching netflix/youtube they don't need any special features like high refresh rate, HDR, or super amazing color gamut.

Any opinions on this: Acer V277U ?