Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Well, there's this: http://www.microcenter.com/product/488461/Agon_AG271UG_27_IPS_4K_UHD_Gaming_LED_Monitor

27" 60Hz UHD IPS...with G-Sync, for $399. The only caveat is that it's AOC. It can also evidently be overclocked to 100Hz, though 4K@100Hz might be a really tall order for a 1070Ti.

I had one, I could not overclock it to 100hz. Maybe I did it wrong. Fyi,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taels
Oct 19, 2012

Eh I'm not sure how much a difference it would make. I think I just recently crossed into regret-town exchanging my aoc ag271ug for an xb271hu
Edit: 144hz is a world of difference from 60hz though. If I coulda oc'd the aoc to 100hz I'd have kept it no doubt
Double edit yaknow I still read you can overclock that aoc panel in windows... can someone confirm, I may end up selling this acre panel if that's true. I couldn't find a way personally when I had mine

taels fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 13, 2018

taels
Oct 19, 2012

So I've had this xb271hu for about a month and lately been noticing what appears to be SEVERE bob in the lower right corner. Is this assumption correct? Here's a pic in a dark room gently caress you my desk is filthy

Edit don't think thumb is working so here's a link
https://m.imgur.com/a/vPxkr

taels fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 20, 2018

taels
Oct 19, 2012

Paul MaudDib posted:

If you mean the blue blob 2.5" from the right, that's not normal (assuming it's not just an internal reflection of your lens from the blue LED).

The big brown glow emanating from the right corner? That's backlight bleed, that looks pretty bad but a general statement it's inherent to all IPS monitors to some degree (and particularly to thin-bezel models like the XB271HU/PG279Q - AFAIK there are no fat-bezel GSync monitors on the market anymore, though).

On my X34, I personally notice it when starting up a game (particularly if running in pillarbox mode/2560x1440) but once in game I don't notice it. YMMV based on your own vision/games - if you play a lot of space sims or something it may be more annoying.

Ok, duly noted. As you said that seems to be on the bad side correct, I purchased the monitor one month two weeks ago at microcenter. I originally had the AOC AG271UG but returned it after a few days as the thread swayed me more in the high refresh department, something I think I kind of regret not regardless. Is this case worth contacting microcenter?

They gave me the option of purchasing an extended warranty through them at a later date since I wasn't interested at the time, maybe I can use that to get model with less blb? Not sure what the move is here but it's noticeable enough that I actually have been closing the blinds to use the computer as I thought it was glare/ somehow that helps? But i'd rather not sit in the dark all day.
Oh well maybe I'll return it and get an ultra wide my recent foray into kingdom come is making me want the panoramic view.

edit: i didn't even notice that blue blob, that's the numlock key on my filco being reflected lol.

taels fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 20, 2018