Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Hi, I could use some help with a sanity/expectations check. I'm working on upgrading my 5 year old computer (i7-2600! Not even a K!) and part of that is getting a new monitor. I currently have a Dell U2412M. I'd like to upgrade to a dual-monitor setup, with the new monitor as the primary (read: gaming) monitor.

I'm looking for:
- 27" IPS, 2560x1440
- 100+ Hz refresh rate
- G-Sync
- Low response time
Basically, the next size up with a high refresh rate. This means either the Asus PG279Q or Acer XB271HU.
Are they basically interchangeable? I think I saw in the thread that the Asus has better build quality or better controls, so I was planning on getting that one, but it seems like it's disappeared? I'm basing that on "you can't get it through Amazon Prime and it's $800 at the places that do have it." My local Costco doesn't seem to have the Acer, or I'd be looking for deals there.

Basically, does anyone know what's going on with the PG279Q? I'm still a few months away from starting this build, so if some hot new 27" monitor that meets my specs is on the horizon, I have no problem waiting.

Edit: If it matters, I'm going for a 1080ti.

Solumin fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The Asus has better controls, the Acer has better build quality, though I've heard that the QC problems with the Asus one have mostly been cleared up. I'd go with whichever you can get for the lowest price from someplace with a good return policy.

Thank you and Pockyless for the responses, that pretty much confirmed what I was thinking.