Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Newegg has the IPS XB271HU for $549 for a ~limited time only~ as it's a "Blitz Deal." If you don't subscribe to their mailers, you can't use the promo code (EMCXPRPV2) on the website, but you *can* call them directly and place the order over the phone, and the promo code will be valid. That's $50 cheaper than Amazon.

How special of a deal is this in a long term sense? I just built a new PC, but am still using my Radeon HD 7950 and 1080p due to insane GPU prices. I would like to upgrade to 1440p/144Hz/G-Sync sometime in the next year or so, but no rush.

Should I hold out for cheaper GPU with the assumption that it will be also be easier to get this type of monitor at that time at a lower price point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
I'm red-green colorblind. Is there going to be any real advantage for me to use an IPS over TN for gaming? Like, I often can't tell if something is purple or blue in real life.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Yeah I just updated to a 27" and its great, a perfect size for desk use.