Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have experience with the Samsung CJ791? It’s a VA panel, but has freesync and the input ports I am looking for. I looked at the Alienware UW, but intend to use this more often then not as a work monitor when I’m remote, and I like that it has more then 2 inputs as well as a charging port for usb c.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I have a one of the 43inch LG 4K IPS’s currently at home and a 27 inch LG 4K IPS at work that I run at 1440p.

I find myself thinking the 27 inch is too small, and the 43 inch is too tall. However I love the number of inputs on the 43 inch LG and am hesitant to get anything with under 3, which seems to be most of the “gaming” IPS’s.

Furthermore ultrawides appeal to me as I can deal with the black bars if I game, while allowing me to have enough on the screen when I want to work, without having the issue I have with that 43” I feel like it’s towering over me.

I’ve also never owned anything > 60hz, so I’m not super concerned about getting something with freesync vs gsync, particularly since nvidia added some support for it recently.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
What’s a good monitor with 3+ inputs. Looking for IPS, higher refresh rate, 34 inches or thereabouts widescreen.

$1100 is the limit of what I want to spend reasonably.

For context I have one of those 43 inch 4K monsters with tons of inputs, but am looking to downsize go for higher refresh.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Are the new Samsung g7 and g9 good?

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I just ordered the g7 32 for $650 off amazon.
That’s $150 below the normal price and is the price of the 27 inch, so I wonder if it was a mistake.

We’ll see if I get it and if it’s still got flickering issues. Rtings reviewed it, and it came back mostly fine.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have long term experience with the LG CX 48” OLED?

I keep debating it over and over. I guess I could also wait til CES to see what’s up.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I’ve already got a 43 inch; so I’ve got the desk space and arm to support it.

I don’t have a 3080 or 3090 and have all but given up on it. It’d also mostly be for work if I am honest.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The issue that arises with the 3090 is that in absolute terms I can “afford” it; I don’t want to spend my rent check on getting it and the monitor.

I’ve also lurked in those discord’s and other places and never quite scored.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like LG might be launching a 42” OLED, which is right in the sweet spot for me.

LG Display has announced the panel, expectations are that LG TV will announce the corresponding consumer product later today.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
So one of my concerns with the LG is it being too much of a TV, and not working like a normal monitor, think wake from sleep or similar.

So something designed as a monitor is intriguing.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

teh_Broseph posted:

How far are y'all sitting from your 48" LG OLEDs? Glad to hear they seem to be working out for folks. Was hoping for more news by now on the 43" version rumored to be in progress but I dunno maybe 48" wouldn't be too big if one pops up at a good price from end of the year stuff. I might have extra clearance anyway, think I would have to wall mount it with a bit of an angle (two verticle stacked monitors already on one side), and motorized desk I'd want enough room back to not be paranoid about raising it into the TV :ohdear:

LG pushed the 43" to next years CES, rumor is that the price is gonna be around $1000.

Amazon/Woot has refreshed 48" CX OLEDS(2020) for just under $1000 today.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'm also heavily debating the Gigabyte monitor version, as I don't have next gen video cards and can't really drive the regular oled models.

It's also a monitor, so I don't have to fight the TV side as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
If your monitor has multiple inputs my goto recommendation is just to use a usb switcher and switch input on the monitor. I inherently distrust KVMs and you end up paying insane prices for flaky poo poo.