Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I have two AOC G2460s. One is an FQ 144hz and the other is some 75hz freesync variant. They're great value for what they are, with good input selection and some novelty stuff like built in speakers. Only issue is the stand is not very good, but they can be VESA mounted which I would recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
PG279Q getting discontinued? Is there anything known to be coming in the pipe to replace it? Had my eyes on one for a while.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I got a XB271HU and it's crazy awesome. I had no idea it would look this good, but... it has a single stuck pixel :/

Would you guys go through the whole return process for a single pixel?

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I tried letting it run jscreenfix overnight, and that didn't help. With regards to rubbing / tapping, I'm a little hesitant as it seems like the material in front of the panel is much more rigid than my old TN monitors. On those, the slightest touch would send out the little ripple-like response, on the Acer I haven't really tried pushing hard enough but I guess it would be a good idea before dealing with the return procedures.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Returned the XB271HU that had a stuck pixel, got a brand new one back, also has a dead pixel :suicide:

Oh well, first world problems and all.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Anyone have any first hand experience with the Asus VG279QM?

I know it's only 1080p but the 280Hz looks like it could be a lot of fun without being ridiculously expensive.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Sorta want to grab a 27GN950 just to do 1080P fullscreen integer scaling... I think I've caught brainworms please send help

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Was there some EU launch dates posted for the new OLEDs? Wanna buy monitor

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Looks like we can start ordering the AW2725 and AW3225 here now. Do we know if there's any reason to forego these and wait for the other similar offerings (besides aesthetics and menu UI) ?

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

MrMidnight posted:

Not really unless you absolutely hate curved screens (the upcoming monitors from Asus and MSI will be flat). With the latest firmware update the AW3225 is the best monitor on the market IMHO.

A good site for monitor and TV reviews/updates is https://www.flatpanelshd.com/. Straight forward news and reviews of the latest TVs and monitors.

Rtings also just posted their review here. Very high marks.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/alienware-aw3225qf

Thanks, I was mainly looking at the AW2725 but it doesn't look like the other monitors using that panel have been reviewed yet. Think I'll wait a month and see if the MSI or Asus monitors change anything noteworthy.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Got impatient and ordered the AW2725DF. Put it on the company card :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
The AW2725DF arrived today and it is stunningly gorgeous to look at. Extremely impressive tech, especially when rotating the camera and seeing all the edges remain clear where I had a lot of overshoot or blur on the old monitor (Samsung C27G7 240hz VA Panel)

Couple of points:

After using curved monitors at home and at work for a long time it feels like it's bulging out from the center like and old CRT lol. Just a strange illusion.

I think most people will be best served with the new 32 inch 4K QD-OLEDs instead of the 27. I don't regret picking the 27 as I play a lot of FPS but the size is just a tad bit small. The bezels/overprovisioning eats into it.