Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I'm in the market for a general productivity 27" monitor. When I look on Amazon for the 27GL850-B which I've seen mentioned a few times in the last few pages, it brings me to a product page with both Nano-IPS and (regular?) IPS models. It looks like nano- is just color gamut - is that relevant at all to me, who fucks around on the internet, watches Netflix, and infrequently games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I saw a page or two back someone recommended the Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx for a 27" QHD monitor. I don't game hardly at all. Should I pick a different 27" QHD monitor for general office productivity and internet fuckery, or are they all close enough in features and price that it doesn't make much difference for roughly equivalent quality panels?

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I just got an AOC U2790B 27" 4K monitor for internet fuckery and other non-gaming activities. It seems fine? The 'frameless' gimmick is kind of dumb when the panel has a 1/4" black frame built into it, the thickness of the bezel doesn't really matter then.

Anyway, just throwing this out there for anyone else looking for a cheap 27" 4K.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Cable routing?

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

The backlight on my 2 year old AOC U2790VQ 27" 4K monitor is dying. I need an equivalent replacement. Should I get the same one or something else? I hardly game, I just want a 4k 27" with a VESA mount.