Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

I've been researching a 27" 2560x screen for myself and from what I've gathered, the Viewsonic VP2770 is the best one you can get right now. I've not got one yet.
If you game the input lag is awful. http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/viewsonic_vp2770-led.htm#input_lag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Judging by the prices on Ebay, probably.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
For those of you looking for a 4k tv to use as a monitor, I'm using a Samsung UN40KU6300 at work. It does seem to be picky about the timings fed to it, but outside of creating custom timings for my work laptop and changing the input mode to PC on connect it works great. Rtings covers this use case in their reviews under PC.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I picked up the XB271HU on the Newegg deal. I've always been framerate sensitive so vsync drops made me nuts and when I turned it off I always noticed tearing. This thing is rad.

I'm feeding it with a 4790k and a GTX1070 and everything is better except if you enable it for windowed mode it can get kind of weird.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
What's your budget? The Dell Ultrasharps usually have incredibly accurate color out of the box. The 2717D sounds like it would fit the bill and has a decent sRBG calibration out of the box. If you're doing color accurate work you probably want to pick up a colormeter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I love my XB271HU but gently caress it's controls and Acer's godawful naming scheme. Acer needs to get it's poo poo together on both fronts.