Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I don't really have enough space for a TV and a computer, so I'm looking at getting a really big monitor to suit both needs. Obviously HDMI input is what I'm looking for, but how do I play audio from say, an Xbox360 or chromecast that is plugged in to my monitor via HDMI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Thanks, that makes sense. I'm thinking about the 30" deli monitor and I guess it just has an audio out (which is good because I'd really rather not pay extra for built-in speakers that are definitely terrible).

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I have a Dell U3014, which looks great and all, but for the last few months it's been doing this thing where it intermittently loses it's connection, goes to sleep, and then starts up again (or doesn't until I plug it back in). HDMI to my PS4 is usable, and only dies once every few hours, but thunderbolt to display port is awful on my macbook and it goes out constantly.

I've googled all over and I can't really find anyone else reporting this problem, except for one person who brought it up and reported that removing bluetooth devices from the proximity of their monitor fixed it. That's not doing it for me, though.

So, has anyone heard of anything like this? I've had the monitor for less than a year, is this the kind of thing that might be under warranty?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Apologize if this is asked a lot, I only went back ~ 10 pages. Will a monitor stand like this work with a 30" monitor in portrait mode?

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082808&p_id=5400&seq=1&format=2